A flower is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants. Flowers may facilitate outcrossing or allow selfing.
A flower is a special kind of plant part. Flowers are also called the bloom or blossom of a plant. The flower grows on a stalk – a thin node – which supports it. Flowers have petals. Inside the part of the flower that has petals are the parts which produce pollen and seeds. Flowers are the reproductive structure of flowering plants.
Flower contains sporangia and are the site where gametophytes develop. Many flowers have evolved to be attractive to animals, so as to cause them to be vectors for the transfer of pollen.
Learn flower names in English with pictures.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Flowers Names in English
- 2 Flower Names in English | Picture
- 3 Flowers Names in English – Video for Kids
Flowers Names in English
– What color is the tulip? I asked him again.
– The daffodil belongs to the genus narcissus.
– I have not seen a cultivated poppy as good as this anywhere.
– Even without the sun, sunflower can still smile.
– Bluebells grow in profusion in this valley in April and May.
– There is no rose without a thorn.
– The snowdrops are just beginning to come up.
– The cherry blossom came out early in Washington this year.
– The orchid is a class of plant which I have never tried to grow.
– Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes.
– Peony is one of my favourite flowers.
– The tea tasted faintly of chrysanthemum.
– My favorite flower is geranium.
– In the morning, the first yellow water lily appeared at the same spot.
– The lotus grows in ponds and lakes.
– Water lily bloom in summer.
– Very need you, just like the dandelion need the breeze.
– Daffodils, hyacinths, bluebells and many species of lily also contain toxins.
– I prefer the daisy and the knapweed in particular.
– Daffodils and crocuses bloom in the spring.