Table Setting! List of tableware in English with pictures and examples. You might think that a formal table setting is only required if you are having dinner with the Queen of England, but there are many more times that this type of table setting might be required. In English speaking countries, there is a certain etiquette when it comes to setting the table for a formal meal. It is well worth your time to learn the vocabulary associated with this type of situation.
In this section, you will be learning the words and phrases that you will need to talk about a formal table setting so that you can do so in confidence.
Formal Table Setting
Formal Table setting refers to the way to set a table with tableware. Informal settings generally have fewer utensils and dishes but use a layout based on more formal settings.
Learn more with a list of items in the kitchen with pictures.
List of Tableware
- Dessert fork
- Tea spoon
- White wine glass
- Red wine glass
- Water goblet
- Bread and butter knife
- Coffee cup
- Bread and butter plate
- Salad fork
- Dinner fork
- Dinner plate
- Dinner knife
- Salad knife
Formal Table Setting with Pictures and Examples
– We use a dessert fork to eat food.
– I need a tea spoon to stir my tea.
White wine glass
Her white wine glass was still quite full.
Red wine glass
– He drank from a red wine glass.
– I cut myself on a piece of broken water goblet.
Bread and butter knife
– Could you bring us another bread and butter knife, please?
– I’d like a coffee cup, please.
– I replaced the cup carefully in the saucer.
Bread and butter plate
– The bread and butter plate is part of a set.
– He dabbed at his lips with the napkin.
– I prefer to use a salad fork.
– I stabbed at my meat with my dinner fork.
– The pizza is about the size of a dinner plate.
– He used a dinner knife instead of chopsticks.
– I think I need a salad knife.
Useful list of kitchenware in English with pictures.
- List of kitchen utensils in English.
- Kitchen appliances with pictures.
- List of glassware, cups and glasses in English.
- Formal table setting: list of tableware with pictures.