You may have seen the internet slang term FP used from time to time when online, but what does this slang term mean? We are going to take a look at the meaning of this slang term as well as looking at how it is used by looking at some examples of conversations in which it appears. We are also going to find out the origin of this slang term and where it first came from.
What Does FP Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term FP is “fair play“.
Origin of FB
The internet slang term FP is an acronym of the phrase it refers to which is common with internet slang.
There is another meaning for the internet slang term FP which is “fat pussy”, this is a term used to someone who is always backing out on plans which they have made, and lets people down.
There are many different conversations online which might feature the internet slang term FP, we are now going to take a look at some examples of this to better understand the use of the slang.
The first texting conversation refers to the internet slang to mean “fair play” and is occurring between two online friends.
- Person 1: “I don’t think that I am going to stay on Facebook anymore.”
- Person 2: “Why not? I thought you liked it?”
- Person 1: “I keep getting my account hacked and it seems a bit pointless.”
- Person 2: “Ok FP then, but I will miss you on here.”
The next conversation uses the internet slang term FP to mean “fat pussy”. The conversation is taking place between two people who are friends in real life but are chatting using an online messenger.
- Person 1: “I want to go out this weekend. Do you want to come?”
- Person 2: “Yeah, shall we invite Mark?”
- Person 1: “No, he’s such a FP, he’ll say that he will come and then let us down at the last minute.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are other ways in which you might be able to express the meaning of the internet slang term FP, we are now going to take a look at some other things you can say which carry the same meaning.
- fair enough (referring to fair play)
- let down (referring to fat pussy.)