We’re diving into the world of fruits that start with D, a collection of some of the most delicious and unique fruits that you may not have even known existed. From plums to berries, and everything in between, this list has got it all. So grab a fork (or a spoon, or just use your hands – we won’t judge), and let’s dig in!
List of All Fruits that Start with D
- Desert Banana
- Dangle Berry
- Darwin’s Barberries
- Desert Lime
- Dragon Fruit
- Dabai Fruit
- Double Coconut
- Duku Fruit
- Desert Fig
- Darling Plum
- Discovery Apple
- Desert Quandong
- Dinosaur Eggs
- Dodder Laurel
- Desert King Fig
- Dead Man’s Fingers
- Davidson’s Plum
- Desert Lime
- Damson Plum
- Date Plum
- Darwin’s Barberry
- Desert Fig Tree
Common Fruits that Start with D with Description
Desert Banana – This sun-kissed fruit is native to the Australian desert and packs a sweet punch! It’s perfect for snacking on the go or using in cooking.
- Dangle Berry – These juicy berries are loaded with antioxidants and perfect for making jams, pies, and snacking.
- Dewberries – These wild berries are small but mighty! Perfect for making jams and jellies or using them in baking.
- Darwin’s Barberries – These tart fruits are native to Argentina and Chile and are perfect for adding a tangy twist to your pies and jams.
- Desert Lime – This tangy fruit is native to Australia and perfect for making juices or cooking up a storm.
- Dekopon – This sweet and juicy Japanese orange variety is perfect for snacking and adding to your recipes.
- Dragon Fruit – This exotic fruit is sweet, juicy, and perfect for adding an extra burst of flavor to your dishes.
- Dates – These sweet and chewy fruits are packed with fiber, potassium, and magnesium. Perfect for snacking or using in recipes.
- Dabai Fruit – This Borneo native is perfect for exploring new flavors and adding to your savory dishes.
- Double Coconut – This unique fruit is found only in the Indian Ocean and is perfect for making platters and water vessels.
- Duku Fruit – This Asian fruit tastes like grapes and is perfect for snacking or adding to your recipes.
- Durian – This pungent fruit is sweet and perfect for experimenting with in your recipes.
- Desert Fig – This pear-shaped fruit is perfect for making jams and jellies.
- Damson Plums – These rich-flavored plums are perfect for making jams and pastries or snacking on the go.
- Date Plums – These yellow plums are packed with nutrition and are perfect for a healthy snack or using in your recipes.
- Davidson’s Plums – These small plums are perfect for making smoothies or snacking on the go.
- Darling Plum – This tropical plum is perfect for making homemade fruit roll-ups and snacking.
- Discovery Apple – This crisp and sweet apple is perfect for snacking, baking, and making apple sauce.
- Dracontomelon – This sour fruit is perfect for a hot summer day and traditional drinks and candies.
- Desert Quandong – This “Native Peach” is perfect for snacking and adding a burst of flavor to your dishes.
- Dinosaur Eggs – This sweet fruit is perfect for snacking or making preserves and gets its name from its unique appearance.
- Dodder Laurel – This small but mighty fruit is perfect for snacking and adding a unique flavor to your dishes.
Types of Fruits that Start with D
In the world of the letter D, there are a vast array of fruits that hail from all corners of the globe. From sweet and juicy to tart and refreshing, the textures, flavors, and colors of fruits are seemingly endless.
- Berries: small, juicy, and colorful fruits, often packed with antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients.
- Citrus Fruits: juicy, tart, and refreshing fruits that have lots of vitamins and other essential nutrients.
- Cactus: unique and exotic fruits that grow on cacti, with a variety of textures and flavors.
- Dates: sweet, chewy fruits that grow on palm trees, often used in baked goods and desserts.
- Exotic Fruits: a catch-all category for unusual and often hard-to-find fruits that hail from all over the world.
- Figs: sweet and chewy fruits with a soft, jammy interior, often used in Mediterranean cuisine.
- Melons: juicy and refreshing fruits with a high water content, perfect for hot summer days.
- Plums: sweet and juicy stone fruits with a variety of colors, shapes, and flavors.
- Pome Fruits: a type of fruit with a core containing seeds, such as apples, pears, and quinces.
- Stone Fruits: a type of fruit with a hard, stone-like pit, including peaches, nectarines, plums, and cherries.
- Vine Fruits: fruits that grow on vines, including grapes, kiwifruit, and passion fruit.
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023
- Solidarity Meaning: What’s the Definition of the Term “Solidarity”? - November 28, 2023
- Compassion Meaning: What Does “Compassion” Mean? - November 28, 2023