Funny birthday wishes! Do you ever struggle to find just the right thing to say to someone on their birthday? If you are looking for the ideal birthday wish with an added sprinkle of humour, then this article is for you. We are going to be taking a look at some funny birthday wishes to send to those people who enjoy a little laugh on their special day.
Funny Birthday Wishes
Sometimes it is important to send a sentimental birthday wish to people who we care about, but other times we might feel it appropriate to send a more humorous birthday greeting. Birthdays should be a time which is full of fun and laughter and what better way to do that than by sending a funny birthday wish?
Many greeting card companies print birthday cards filled with jokes, limericks and banter-filled birthday greetings, but how about coming up with someone all of your own? If you find it difficult to come up with the right words to create the perfect funny birthday wish, why not take a look at the following ideas for some inspiration.
These ideas can be sent in a card, a text message or email or said directly to the person on their birthday. Birthday jokes tend to focus a lot on age but they can also relate to the person to whom they are being sent, for example, jokes aimed at dad on his birthday or jokes aimed at a work colleague on their birthday. Let’s now take a look at some funny birthday wishes which are sure to get a laugh.
- I like to give back to people what they gave to me on my birthday, so here is nothing! Happy birthday.
- It’s amazing! I remembered to buy you a birthday card BEFORE Facebook told me it was your birthday. Have a great day.
- On your birthday, you should forget the past as it cannot be changed and forget the future because we don’t know what will happen. But what about the present? You may as well forget that too, as I didn’t get you one.
- You are one of the most difficult people to buy a gift for, so I didn’t bother. Happy birthday.
- Intelligent, handsome and witty. But less about me, it’s your birthday after all.
- I’ve got an idea, let’s give you so much to drink that I can convince you it’s my birthday and then you’ll buy me a present! Have a very happy birthday.
- I was going to put candles on your birthday cake, but there isn’t enough room for that many! Happy birthday.
- Well done on getting older. Have a great birthday.
- Wow, this is the oldest you have ever been. Congratulations and happy birthday.
- I was going to make an old age joke on your birthday, but it’s gotten to the point where it’s getting serious. Happy birthday.
- Never forget that age is simply a number…..but a very big one in your case.
- Some might say you are over the hill but it is certainly better than being buried underneath it. Wishing you a very happy birthday.
- It is proven that the more birthdays you have, the longer you will live. Here’s to another one for you. Happy birthday.
- Another year older and wiser…..or just older in your case. Happy birthday.
- I’m calling the firemen, there’s a huge fire in the kitchen……oh wait no, that’s just your birthday cake!
- Isn’t the room hot? Well, it’s not surprising with all those candles. Here’s to a happy birthday.
- Smile on your birthday, but not too hard, we don’t want your teeth to fall out.
- I wanted to get you a birthday gift that reminded you of your childhood, but I just couldn’t find any dinosaurs anywhere.
- I really tried to get you something super special and brilliant for your birthday but I just couldn’t wrap myself up. Happy birthday from the best person in the world.
- You may be ageing, but you certainly haven’t gotten any more mature. Wishing you all the fun on your birthday.
- I was always interested in ancient things, that must be why I love you so much. Just kidding! Happy birthday you old git.
- You really don’t look your age, you look much older, Happy birthday.
- On your birthday you should count your blessings, because it is much more preferable than counting your wrinkles, and it’ll be quicker. Happy birthday to you!
- You make me grateful for many things, including the fact that I am not as old as you. Wishing you a very special birthday.
- You are such an unforgettable person, mainly because of how old and grey you are. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
- There’s a lot about history that I don’t know but thankfully you lived through most of it, so you can teach me. Happy birthday to someone who is as old as the hills.
- Some people become really preoccupied with age, like me, I just cannot get over yours! Happy birthday.
- I am using your birthday to tell you about who you really are……a very old person!
- You were once a beautiful young woman, now you are still beautiful, just not as young. I hope you have a beautiful birthday.
- You give me so much hope, knowing that someone can live as long as you are truly amazing. Happy birthday.
- You remind me of an animal, an old bat! Happy birthday.
- It’s your birthday, but that’s no excuse to have a little too much to drink, it’s an excuse to have far too much to drink.
Learn more with some different ways to say happy birthday in English.
A funny birthday wish can be a really effective way to make someone smile on their special day. There are many different things we can say to someone on their birthday in order to give them a laugh and these ideas are a great place to start. You may decide to send these wishes in a variety of different ways such as a birthday card, a text message or a phone call. But however, you decide to do it, you can be sure that these funny birthday greetings will make their day that little bit more enjoyable.
Funny Birthday Wishes Infographic
Funny Birthday Wishes Infographic 1
Funny Birthday Wishes Infographic 2
Birthday Wishes List
- List of birthday wishes for your daughter
- List of birthday wishes for your son
- List of birthday wishes for your dad
- List of birthday wishes for your mom
- List of birthday wishes for your brother
- List of birthday wishes for your sister
- List of birthday wishes for your husband
- List of birthday wishes for your wife
- List of birthday wishes for your friends