“FWM” or “fwm” is an acronym frequently used in informal text messaging and online conversation. If you want to know all about this acronym, then you have arrived at the right place. Here you will find the meaning of this acronym, origin information if it is available, and other possible meanings of the acronym if there are any. You will also find some example conversations to help you better understand how to use this acronym for yourself and you will find some alternative suggestions that you can use to convey the same meaning.
What Does FWM Mean?
The acronym “FWM” or “fwm” means the phrase “f#$k with me.” It can be used positively or negatively. When used in a positive sense, the phrase is similar to saying contact me. When used in a negative sense, you usually telling someone not to mess with you.
Origin of FWM
There is no definitive information available concerning the exact origin of the phrase “fu** with me.”
Aside from being an acronym for many businesses, organizations, and clubs, the acronym “fwm” in terms of internet jargon can also mean “fine with me.” However, in most cases, it means either of the cases stated in the definition above.
A text exchange between two very good friends.
- Friend 1: Hey, are we still going to the football game on Friday night?
- Friend 2: Of course! My brother is playing and I told him I wouldn’t miss it.
- Friend 1: Okay, I was just making sure. What time are you going to pick me up?
- Friend 2: Mom is calling me for dinner and I don’t have the time ironed out yet. FWM later and I will have the answer for you then!
An online exchange between two Facebook users arguing on a post.
- User 1: You need to back off. The person this story is talking about is only a child. You should be ashamed of yourself.
- User 2: Why should I be ashamed of myself? You don’t know me. I am just speaking some truth. If she can’t handle it then she should not have made the post in the first place. If you have a problem with me then bring it on.
- User 1: Seriously?! Don’t FWM! I am not trying to pick a fight with you on the internet. Just saying if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all!
Alternatives to “FWM”
There are several different things you could say as a substitution of “fwm” depending on the context you are using it in. Some of the alternatives include:
- Don’t mess with me
- Get up with me later
- Talk to me later
FWM Meaning Infographic