Geometric Lines! Whether you wish to learn the names of geometric lines for professional reasons or simply to better be able to refer to things in your day-to-day speech, this section is the best place to start. If you are trying to describe something, for example, a diagonal line, this knowledge is very useful to have.
This is a great way to create a wider English vocabulary and will also benefit you in both spoken and written English. Understanding these words will also help with your reading since lines are often used as descriptive terms in writing.
Names of lines in English with examples and pictures: straight, diagonal, vertical, parallel lines, curved, horizontal, dotted, wavy, zigzag.
Learn more with a big list of Math symbols in English with pictures.
List of Geometric Lines
- Parallel lines
Line Names with Examples and Pictures
– Draw a straight line across the top of the page.
– They fly in long diagonal lines or large V-shapes.
– The vertical line makes an angle with the horizontal line.
– There are three parallel lines.
– Architecturally speaking, a curved line can support much more weight than a straight line.
– The teacher drew a long, horizontal line across the blackboard.
– Cut along the dotted line.
– She drew a wavy line under the word.
– It is a zigzag line.
Geometric Lines Images
Line Vocabulary in English
Learn line names with American English pronunciation.
Last Updated on February 27, 2023