Have you ever seen someone using the internet slang term GTL and wondered what they were referring to? We are going to take a look at the meaning of this internet slang term as well as finding out where it originally came from. We will then take a look at some conversations which feature the use of the term in order to better understand how it can be used.
What Does GTL Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term GTL is “Gym, Tan, Laundry“.
Origin of GTL
The internet slang term finds its origins from the reality TV show, Jersey shore where the stars of the show would frequently use the term.
There are no other meanings of the internet slang term GTL.
We are now going to take a look at some examples of conversations in which you might see the term GTL appear. This will help us to further understand its function within the conversation.
The first conversation is between two friends planning their weekend using an online messenger.
- Person 1: “Do you fancy doing something this weekend?”
- Person 2: “Yes, but it will have to be on Sunday.”
- Person 1: “Why? what are your plans for Saturday?”
- Person 2: “GTL.”
The next conversation is happening between a man speaking to a friend of his wife over a text message.
- Person 1: “Hey, do you know where Sally is? I can’t get hold of her.”
- Person 2: “Yeah she told me she’ll be busy doing GTL today.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There may be other ways in which you can say the internet slang term GTL, let’s now take a look at things you can say which are worded differently but carry the same meaning.
- going to the gym and then tanning and doing my laundry.
- daily ritual
GTL Meaning Infographic