Halloween Words! List of useful Halloween vocabulary words in English with pictures and examples. Learn these Halloween words to improve and increase your vocabulary in English.
Halloween is a celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, attending Halloween costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o’-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories and watching horror films.
- Black cat
- Haunted house
- Candy bag
- Witch hat
- Witch’s broom
- Spider web
Halloween Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
– The bat is flying with swiftness.
– Why does a black cat bring good luck?
– Do not hold a candle to the devil.
– Goblins and ghosts, mummies and monsters are all around you.
– The haunted house on the hill brooded above the village.
– He was buried in the cemetery.
– They say the young girl’s ghost still haunts the house.
– We will look for a pumpkin, to carve into a Jack-o’Lantern.
– There was a witches’ cauldron full of golden soup.
– I want to take a candy from these candy bags.
– They went to the party in Halloween costumes.
– The witch put a magic spell on the prince and turned him into a frog.
– She also wears a black witch hat and a long maroon coat.
– The child is eager to have the candy.
– The owl swooped down on the mouse.
– She fractured her skull in the accident.
– His name is misspelled on the tombstone.
– The witch is riding on a witch’s broom.
– The spider web brushed my forehead.
– Police have unearthed a human skeleton.
– I saw a spider the size of my hand in the backyard.
Halloween Words | Image
Useful Halloween Vocabulary Words | Video
Holidays and Special Events
Useful list of holidays and special events in English.