Halloween Words! List of useful Halloween vocabulary words in English with pictures and examples. In the United States especially, Halloween is a huge deal and there are so many words in English that are related to it. If you want to discuss Halloween plans or perhaps talk about a previous Halloween which you particularly enjoyed then knowing the right words to say is really important.
This vocabulary is also really handy for kids since this is a time of year where they can really get involved and enjoy the holiday. In this section, you will be presented with all the words you will need to talk about Halloween.
Halloween is a celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, attending Halloween costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o’-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories and watching horror films.
- Black cat
- Haunted house
- Candy bag
- Witch hat
- Witch’s broom
- Spider web
Halloween Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
Learn these Halloween words to improve and increase your vocabulary in English.
– The bat is flying with swiftness.
– Why does a black cat bring good luck?
– Do not hold a candle to the devil.
– Goblins and ghosts, mummies and monsters are all around you.
– The haunted house on the hill brooded above the village.
– He was buried in the cemetery.
– They say the young girl’s ghost still haunts the house.
– We will look for a pumpkin, to carve into a Jack-o’Lantern.
– There was a witches’ cauldron full of golden soup.
– I want to take a candy from these candy bags.
– They went to the party in Halloween costumes.
– The witch put a magic spell on the prince and turned him into a frog.
– She also wears a black witch hat and a long maroon coat.
– The child is eager to have the candy.
– The owl swooped down on the mouse.
– She fractured her skull in the accident.
– His name is misspelled on the tombstone.
– The witch is riding on a witch’s broom.
– The spider web brushed my forehead.
– Police have unearthed a human skeleton.
– I saw a spider the size of my hand in the backyard.
Halloween Words | Image
Useful Halloween Vocabulary Words | Video
Learn Halloween words video with American English pronunciation.
Holidays and Special Events
Useful list of holidays and special events in English.
- New year words with pictures.
- Christmas words in English.
- Easter words with images.
- Halloween words in English.
- Birthday vocabulary words with pictures.
- Wedding words and marriage vocabulary.
- Summer words in English.
- Valentine words in English.