The acronym HAMB may be one you have seen before depending highly upon interests that you have. If you have encountered this term while perusing online and wondered about it, then you have made it to the right location. Here you will not only find the meaning of this term, but you will also discover some other information like it’s origin if known and it’s other meanings if there are any. You will also see some example conversations to help you better understand the meaning and how the phrase is used, as well as some alternative words or phrases you can use in place of this acronym.
What Does HAMB Mean?
The acronym HAMB represents the title of a forum for hot rod automobiles known as the “Hokey Ass Message Boards.”
Origin of HAMB
The HAMB has been around since 2003 and goes hand-in-hand with a website called The Jalopy Journal. The journal has been in existence since 1993 and the HAMB was launched circa 2003. Both are sites for dedicated owners of hot rod vehicles. The HAMB site is a message board where owners of these hot rod vehicles can share stories, show pictures, sell/buy parts, and sell vehicles.
There is some evidence on the internet that in recent years the term hamb has come to mean cat also.
A text conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: What are you up to today?
- Friend 2: Not too much. I was going to work a bit on the hot rod but I can’t seem to find a part that I need for it.
- Friend 1: Have you checked the HAMB?
- Friend 2: Yeah, I put a message up yesterday but no one has responded yet.
An online conversation between two Instagram users.
- User 1: That’s a sweet car you’ve got there!
- User 2: Thanks! Although it would be sweeter if it ran.
- User 1: Aww! It doesn’t run?
- User 2: No, I need one more part by I’m having trouble finding it.
- User 1: Check the HAMB!
Alternatives to “HAMB”
There are no alternative phrases that you could use to replace the acronym HAMB in conversation because none of them would represent the same thing since it is the technical name of a message board.