List of useful Health phrasal verbs in English with their meaning and examples.
List of HEALTH Phrasal Verbs in English
HEALTH Phrasal Verbs in English
- Meaning: Die
- Example: His mother passed away last year.
- Meaning: Hit by a vehicle
- Example: Two children were run over and killed.
- Meaning: Develop skin sores or irritation
- Example: The measles caused me to break out in a rash.
- Meaning: Resist an illness
- Example: I’m trying to fight off a cold.
- Meaning: Become conscious
- Example: When he came to, he was lying on the floor with his hands tied behind his back.
- Meaning: Faint, lose consciousness
- Example: People everywhere were passing out from the heat.
- Meaning: Recover from something
- Example: It’s taken me ages to get over the flu.
Come down with
- Meaning: Become sick (not seriously)
- Example: I think I’m coming down with the flu.
- Meaning: Be sick, vomit
- Example: The baby’s thrown up her dinner.
- Meaning: Become conscious
- Example: Your mother hasn’t yet come round from the anaesthetic.
- Meaning: Train the body by physical exercise
- Example: I work out regularly to keep fit.
- Meaning: Begin a physical activity gradually
- Example: It’s necessary to warm up before exercise to prevent injuries.
- Meaning: Stop something from moving through something else
- Example: My nose is blocked up.
Lay (Laid) up
- Meaning: Unable to work, etc. because of an illness or injury
- Example: She’s laid up with a broken leg.
- Meaning: Become large, inflated, or bulging
- Example: The boy’s arm swelled up where the bee had stung him.
- Meaning: Become or cause to become obstructed
- Example: High fat foods can clog up our arteries.
Dose up (UK)
- Meaning: Give medicine to
- Example: You should dose up with vitamin C to fight colds off.
- Meaning: Render someone unable to move or leave their bed
- Example: The flu usually lays people low for five to ten days.
- Meaning: Become less strong or stop
- Example: A cold continues at its peak for several days, then it gradually let up.
- Meaning: Shake something in order to get something off of it
- Example: She has failed to shake off her stomach injury.
PHRASAL VERBS for HEALTH, FITNESS, SICKNESS and DEATH | Image
English Phrasal Verbs by Topic
How to Learn Phrasal Verbs Fast? – Learn Phrasal Verbs by Topic.
- Business Phrasal Verbs
- Telephone Phrasal Verbs
- Cooking Phrasal Verbs
- FAMILY Phrasal Verbs
- Environment Phrasal Verbs
- Health Phrasal Verbs
- CLOTHING Phrasal Verbs
- PARTY Phrasal Verbs
- SLEEP Phrasal Verbs
- Animals Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs about MONEY
- Driving Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs for Work
- Phrasal Verbs for Travel
- Phrasal Verbs for Shopping
- Phrasal Verbs about Crime
- Phrasal Verbs Around the House
- Phrasal Verbs for Problems
- Phrasal Verbs about Relationships
- Phrasal Verbs about Education