Useful household appliances/ home appliances list with examples and pictures. In this modern day and age, there are a whole host of household appliances and there are new ones being invented and integrated into the home all the time. When attempting to communicate in English, it can be a huge advantage to be able to refer to the different household appliances with their English names. This is particularly useful if you are living with native English speakers and need to talk about an appliance, for example ‘do you know where the iron is?’
In this section, you are going to learn the names of the various appliances that are commonly found around the house.
Household Devices and Appliances are electrical/mechanical machines which accomplish some household functions, such as cooling/heating, cooking or cleaning.
The essential list of household tools and equipment in English.
Home Appliances List
- Coffee maker
- Crock pot
- Rice cooker
- Pressure cooker
- Bachelor griller (U.K)
- Light bulb
- Clothes iron
- Electric drill
- Water cooker (U.K)/ Electric kettle/ Hot pot (U.S)
- Water purifier
- Kitchen hood
- Electric guitar
- Vacuum cleaner
- Electric fan
- Evaporative cooler
- Air conditioner
- Clothes dryer
- Washing machine
Learn these household appliances names to increase your English vocabulary words.
Household Appliances Names with Pictures and Examples
– Clarissa ran out and bought a large electric coffee maker for $ 40 before the dinner.
– Pour over dry ingredients, cover and whirl in blender for about 1 minute.
– Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer.
– She had been the first to buy a toaster.
– She has a microwave, but uses it mainly for defrosting bread.
– Many of your favorite dishes can be altered to slow cooking in a crock pot.
– Rice may also cooked using a gas stove or rice cooker.
– The pressure cooker reduces the cooking time.
Bachelor griller (U.K)
– I have a bachelor griller.
– The soup is warming up on the stove.
– She switched on the bedside lamp.
– The light bulb needs renewing.
– The lantern hung from the roof.
– She flashed the torch as a signal.
– I scorched my dress with the clothes iron.
– Can you work an electric drill?
– I’ll put the kettle on and make us some tea.
Water cooker (U.K)/ Electric kettle/ Hot pot (U.S)
– I don’t like the design of this electric kettle.
– He wants to sell water purifiers.
– My sister is cleaning kitchen hood.
– I started to play the electric guitar in high school.
– He could hear the whirr of a vacuum cleaner.
– There is an electric fan in our room.
– Another way to keep food fresh is to use an evaporative cooler.
– The room is cooled with air conditioner.
– Bread is baked in an oven.
– We bought the dishwasher on credit.
– We stayed up late to see the film on television.
– I need a new speaker.
– The clothes dryer gets very hot.
– Throw your dirty clothes in the washing machine.
– The refrigerator keeps your food at a constant temperature.
Home Appliances Picture
Tools and Equipment Vocabulary
List of tools & equipment classified by different categories.
Household items list:
- List of kitchen utensils and kitchen tools with pictures.
- Household tools, devices and equipment in English.
- Household appliances vocabulary words list.
- Household cleaning supplies in English.
Other tools, devices, appliances and equipment:
- List of tech gadgets in English.
- Laboratory equipment with pictures.
- List of musical instruments in English.
- Photography vocabulary words list.
- List of stationery items and office supplies in English.
- List of tools with pictures.
- Gardening tools vocabulary words list.
Household Appliances: Useful Home Appliances Video