Learn English vocabulary for House cleaning and laundry items with pictures and examples.
In this lesson, you will learn how to talk about house cleaning and laundry in English.
House Cleaning Vocabulary in English
– Drain potato sticks and lay out on dish towels to dry.
– The iron was too hot and he scorched the shirt.
– She stood at the ironing board running the iron over her uniform blouse.
– Scrub the floor with a scrub brush.
– There were waiters with tray and starched cloth.
– This sponge doesn’t soak up water very well.
Laundry soap/ Laundry detergent
– I ran to the store to buy laundry detergent.
– They used bleach to kill any germs in the sink and drain.
– The wool must be clean. Leave it overnight in water and liquid soap.
– I need a pair of rubber gloves to clean my house.
– The trash can overflowed with beer bottles.
– She is sweeping with a broom.
– I’ve just broken a cup – have you got a dustpan and brush?
– The old man wiped the floor with a mop.
– The cleaner put down his squeegee mop and sat down.
– He washed the car down with a hose.
– I filled the bucket with water.
– Pick up your socks and put them in the laundry basket.
– When our washing machine broke, our neighbours let us use theirs.