Learn names of Household Devices and Equipment in English.
Household Devices and Equipment Vocabulary
List of Household Devices and Equipment
– There is an aroma lamp over the table.
– I bought a beverage opener yesterday.
– Pull the appliance plug and let the water drain away.
– She’s a dab hand with a paintbrush.
– Apply the wallpaper paste with a roller.
Hair iron (U.K)/ Curling iron (U.S.)
– I need to borrow your curling iron.
– She bought an electric hair dryer.
– She had been the first to buy a toaster.
Electric kettle/ Hot pot
– I’ll put the electric kettle on and make us some tea.
– I saw the Olympic Games on television.
– My mother has a gas stove for cooking.
– Put the meat into the small oven to roast.
– They heat up the food in a microwave oven.
– Another way to keep food fresh is to use and an evaporative cooler.
– Can we turn the air conditioner on?
– My vacuum cleaner has very good suction.
– Everybody likes to talk about the weather around the water cooler.
– I forbid anyone to touch that clock.
– She sewed the dresses on the sewing machine.
– It’s so hot please turn the fan on.
– Mary is messing with the broken juicer and trying to fix it.
– I scorched my dress with the clothes iron.
– They’re easy to grind in a blender or coffee grinder.
– They bait the mousetrap with stale cheese.
Bachelor griller/ grill
– Cook under a hot grill until brown and crispy.
– My mother taught me how to operate the washing machine.
– We have a refrigerator in the kitchen.
– I can’t reach the top shelf unless I use a stepladder.
– The treadmill has a heart rate monitor.
– How did Edison make the light bulb?
– Let’s turn on the wall lantern, it’s dark outside.
– The room is decorated by beautiful hanging pendant.
– I need the artificial light of a large red anglepoise lamp on the writing table.
– Candleholder is a device for holding one or more lit candles.
– A telephone belongs in every home.
– How do you operate the remote control unit?
– She cooled herself with a fan.