Learn names of Household Devices and Equipment in English.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Household Devices and Equipment
- 1.1 Aroma lamp
- 1.2 Beverage opener
- 1.3 Appliance plug
- 1.4 Paintbrush
- 1.5 Roller
- 1.6 Hair iron (U.K)/ Curling iron (U.S.)
- 1.7 Hair dryer
- 1.8 Toaster
- 1.9 Electric kettle/ Hot pot
- 1.10 Television
- 1.11 Stove
- 1.12 Small oven
- 1.13 Microwave oven
- 1.14 Evaporative cooler
- 1.15 Air conditioner
- 1.16 Vacuum cleaner
- 1.17 Water cooler
- 1.18 Clock
- 1.19 Sewing machine
- 1.20 Fan
- 1.21 Juicer
- 1.22 Clothes iron
- 1.23 Blender
- 1.24 Mousetrap
- 1.25 Bachelor griller/ grill
- 1.26 Washing machine
- 1.27 Refrigerator
- 1.28 Stepladder
- 1.29 Treadmill
- 1.30 Bulb
- 1.31 Wall lantern
- 1.32 Hanging pendant
- 1.33 Anglepoise lamp
- 1.34 Candleholder
- 1.35 Telephone
- 1.36 Remote
- 1.37 Fan
- 2 Household Devices and Equipment Vocabulary in English | Pictures
List of Household Devices and Equipment
– There is an aroma lamp over the table.
– I bought a beverage opener yesterday.
– Pull the appliance plug and let the water drain away.
– She’s a dab hand with a paintbrush.
– Apply the wallpaper paste with a roller.
Hair iron (U.K)/ Curling iron (U.S.)
– I need to borrow your curling iron.
– She bought an electric hair dryer.
– She had been the first to buy a toaster.
Electric kettle/ Hot pot
– I’ll put the electric kettle on and make us some tea.
– I saw the Olympic Games on television.
– My mother has a gas stove for cooking.
– Put the meat into the small oven to roast.
– They heat up the food in a microwave oven.
– Another way to keep food fresh is to use and an evaporative cooler.
– Can we turn the air conditioner on?
– My vacuum cleaner has very good suction.
– Everybody likes to talk about the weather around the water cooler.
– I forbid anyone to touch that clock.
– She sewed the dresses on the sewing machine.
– It’s so hot please turn the fan on.
– Mary is messing with the broken juicer and trying to fix it.
– I scorched my dress with the clothes iron.
– They’re easy to grind in a blender or coffee grinder.
– They bait the mousetrap with stale cheese.
Bachelor griller/ grill
– Cook under a hot grill until brown and crispy.
– My mother taught me how to operate the washing machine.
– We have a refrigerator in the kitchen.
– I can’t reach the top shelf unless I use a stepladder.
– The treadmill has a heart rate monitor.
– How did Edison make the light bulb?
– Let’s turn on the wall lantern, it’s dark outside.
– The room is decorated by beautiful hanging pendant.
– I need the artificial light of a large red anglepoise lamp on the writing table.
– Candleholder is a device for holding one or more lit candles.
– A telephone belongs in every home.
– How do you operate the remote control unit?
– She cooled herself with a fan.