For many people, learning how to discuss the human life cycle in English can be imperative to their success. Perhaps you are a school student or maybe your job requires you to be able to talk about this subject in English. It is not only important for these things but also for being able to talk about your own life and the milestones within it.
In this section, you will be learning how to refer to the various stages throughout the life of a human being which will massively improve your vocabulary and ability to understand the language.
Human Life Cycle
Learn different stages of life with pictures and examples. Learn these human life stages chart to enhance your vocabulary words in English.
Learn more about family members in English.
Stages of Life
- Be born
- Start school
- Make friends
- Get a job
- Fall in love
- Get married
- Have a baby
- Make a will
Human Life Stages with Pictures
- The process of coming into existence as a human being and taking the first breath of life.
- Example: My sister is about to be born in a few weeks.
- The beginning of formal education for children, usually at the age of five or six.
- Example: I remember feeling nervous on my first day of school, not knowing what to expect as I was about to start school.
- The act of forming relationships with other people based on shared interests, experiences, or values.
- Example: It can be difficult to make friends in a new environment, but with time and effort, it is possible to make friends who share common interests and values.
- To complete a course of study or training and receive a diploma or degree.
- Example: I am proud to announce that I have finally graduated from university with honors.
Get a job
- To find employment and start working in a particular field or profession.
- Example: My parents keep telling me to stop being lazy and to get a job to support myself.
Fall in love
- The experience of developing strong romantic feelings for someone else.
- Example: Falling in love is a beautiful feeling that can make life more meaningful and enjoyable.
- The act of legally binding two people together in a committed relationship.
- Example: Getting married is a significant milestone in many people’s lives, marking the start of a new chapter with a partner they love and cherish.
Have a baby
- The process of giving birth to a child and becoming a parent.
- Example: Having a baby is a life-changing experience that brings immense joy and fulfillment to many parents.
- The legal process of ending a marriage and separating the assets and responsibilities of the couple.
- Example: After years of struggling to make their marriage work, John and Jane decided to file for divorce.
- To leave one’s home country and permanently settle in another country.
- Example: My grandparents had to emigrate from their home country to seek better opportunities and a brighter future for their family.
- To stop working and withdraw from active employment, usually after reaching a certain age or after accumulating enough savings.
- Example: After working for over 40 years, my grandfather finally decided to retire and spend more time with his family.
Make a will
- The act of legally documenting how one’s assets and property should be distributed after they pass away.
- Example: It’s important to make a will to ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes after you pass away.
- The end of life and the cessation of all bodily functions.
- Example: It’s a sad reality that we will all eventually die someday, but it’s important to make the most of the time we have and cherish the memories we create.
Stages of Life with Pictures
Members of the Family in English
- Family tree chart in English.
- Women in the family vocabulary words.
- Men in the Family vocabulary words.
- Human life cycle chart in English.
Human Life Cycle Video
Last Updated on November 16, 2023
- Clam vs. Oyster: Difference between Oyster and Clam - December 25, 2023
- Leniency Meaning: What Does “Leniency” Mean? - December 15, 2023
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023