What is another word for “hurt”? The list below shows different words you can use instead of “hurt” with meaning and examples. Learn synonyms for “hurt” with ESL picture to improve your English.
Other Words for “Hurt”
Commonly used synonyms for “Hurt”.
A huge list of 110+ words to use instead of “hurt”.
- In pain
Hurt Synonyms with Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: To make bad use of something, or to use so much of something that it harms your health
- Example: He systematically abused his body with heroin and cocaine.
- Meaning: To hurt or injure somebody or to damage something
- Example: He claimed that he had not intended to harm the girl.
- Meaning: To injure a part of the body, especially by making a hole in the skin using a weapon
- Example: He was wounded in the arm.
- Meaning: Feeling upset because of something said or done that is rude or embarrassing
- Example: Emily looked rather offended.
- Meaning: To make somebody suffer unfairly because you do not like them, their opinions, or something that they have done
- Example: The fat boy was victimized by his classmates.
- Meaning: To treat a person or an animal in a cruel, unkind or unfair way
- Example: These animals have been mistreated by their owners.
- Meaning: To press or squeeze something so hard that it is damaged or injured, or loses its shape
- Example: The car was completely crushed under the truck.
- Meaning: Physically hurt; having an injury
- Example: Luckily, he isn’t injured.
- Meaning: Suffering severely; involving a lot of suffering and difficulty
- Example: He fell into a tortured sleep.
- Meaning: To lose blood, especially from a wound or an injury
- Example: My finger’s bleeding.
- Meaning: To feel a continuous dull pain
- Example: Her eyes ached from lack of sleep.
- Meaning: To make an opening or a wound in something, especially with a sharp tool such as a knife or scissors
- Example: She cut her finger on a piece of glass.
- Meaning: To harm or spoil something/somebody
- Example: This development will damage our chances of succeeding.
- Meaning: To spoil the appearance of a person, thing or place
- Example: Her face was disfigured by a long red scar.
Another Word for Hurt | Image
HURT Synonyms: Useful Synonyms for Hurt in English