Synonyms for Idea! This lesson provides a list of idea synonyms in English with ESL pictures and useful example sentences. Learn these idea synonyms to improve your English vocabulary.
Idea Definition and Examples
Meaning of Idea: A thought or plan for a purported action, or creative end
- “This is a brilliant idea, dory, but we might need a couple of more people to execute it”
- “I have great ideas all day, but do not have the resources to see them come to life”
- “It is a silly idea and he has botched it.”
List of Synonyms for Idea
Commonly used synonyms for the word “idea”.
Learn 14 synonyms for idea in English.
A huge list of 100+ different words to use instead of “idea”.
- Main idea
- Point of view
- Sneaking suspicion
- Way of thinking
Idea Synonyms Infographic
Synonyms for Idea
Idea Synonyms with Examples
Learn another word for idea with example sentences.
The aim of the research is to find new food sources.
The design certainly looks good on paper.
I should scope out his real goal before I give him a definite reply.
She stated categorically that she had no intention of leaving.
A clear objective was set and adhered to.
He was quite agreeable to accepting the plan.
The project was scuppered by lack of money.
What do you think of my proposal?
The proposition is so clear that it needs no explanation.
The purpose of the occasion was to raise money for medical supplies.
The company gave her a glowing recommendation.
The opposition to her scheme made her more determined than ever.
We are in the process of reviewing your suggestion.
More interesting examples with the word “idea”
- I thought the whole idea was just a foolish and dangerous delusion.
- His imagination played round that queer idea.
- It’s an interesting idea but there are many practical difficulties.
- It was patent to anyone that she disliked the idea.
- The idea is to divide up the country into four sectors.
- Through science, we’ve got the idea of associating progress with the future.