Phrases & Idioms about Sales and Marketing! Learn common Idioms about Sales and Marketing in English with meaning, ESL picture and examples.
Useful list of 110+ business idioms in English.
Expressions & Idioms about Sales and Marketing
List of 9 Phrases & Idioms about Sales and Marketing
- All It’s Cracked Up To Be
- Deliver the Goods
- In the Pipeline
- Out the Door
- Price yourself out of the market
- Sell (Someone) a Bill of Goods
- Selling Point
- Sold On (Something)
Idioms about Sales and Marketing with Meaning and Examples
All It’s Cracked Up To Be
- Meaning: As good as claims or reputation would suggest
- Example: Everyone’s talking about the Apple Watch, but I think it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
Deliver the Goods
- Meaning: Provide what is expected
- Example: I wasn’t sure about our young quarterback, but he really delivered the goods – he had 22 touchdown passes in his first season.
In the Pipeline
- Meaning: Being prepared for the marketplace, being worked on.
- Example: Toyota’s product lineup recently has been a little stale, but new models are in the pipeline.
Out the Door
- Meaning: With everything included (said of a price)
- Example: That car will cost you $8,600 out the door.
Price yourself out of the market
- Meaning: Try to sell goods or services at such a high price that nobody buys them.
- Example: At £150,000 for a season, he really is pricing himself out of the market.
Sell (Someone) a Bill of Goods
- Meaning: Trick someone; be deceptive
- Example: I think I was sold a bill of goods. They promised me an office with a window, but all I got was a little cubicle.
- Meaning: An attractive feature of something for sale
- Example: Durability has always been one of the selling points of Toyota cars.
Sold On (Something)
- Meaning: Convinced of something
- Example: I know many stores are introducing cell phone payment systems, but we’re not sold on the idea yet.
- Meaning: Tender Loving Care
- Example: I’ll sell you this car for $2,000. It needs TLC, but the engine is new.
Phrases & Idioms about Sales and Marketing | Image
Learn common business idioms, expressions and sayings classified by different topics.
- Useful Idioms for Business Negotiations in English
- Common Phrases & Idioms about Leadership in English
- Useful Expressions & Idioms for Making Decisions
- Useful Phrases & Idioms for Problems and Difficulties
- Phrases & Idioms about Schedules and Planning
- Useful Idioms & Sayings about Jobs
- Idioms about Money and Finance
- Useful Expressions & Idioms about Sales and Marketing