At The Doctor’s Vocabulary! List of diseases and treatments with pictures and examples to increase your vocabulary words in English.
Illness is generally used as a synonym for disease. Treatments or medical therapies are efforts to cure or improve a disease or other health problems.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary
List of Diseases and Treatments
- High blood pressure
- Broken arm
- Sore finger
- Bed rest
- Blood tests
- Physical therapy
- Shot (U.S)/ Jab (U.K)
- Eye exam
- Pressure measuring
Common Disease Names with Examples and Pictures
– He’s got a headache and a slight fever.
High blood pressure
– High blood pressure imposes an extra load on the heart.
– Jackson had a broken arm.
– He suffered a serious injury that obliged him to give up work.
– My doctor wants me to be tested for diabetes.
– He used his sore finger as a pretext for not going to school.
– I have got toothache, so I must go to a dentist.
– He was so nervous that he got a stomachache.
– The most common type of sprain is the ankle sprain.
Treatment Names with Examples and Pictures
– The doctor puts his foot in a cast and imposes bed rest.
– They did blood tests on him for signs of vitamin deficiency.
– Diet and exercise are equally important.
– Your condition is serious and requires surgery.
– You need to take some exercise to loosen up your muscles.
– The doctor said she should be given a physical therapy.
Shot (U.S)/ Jab (U.K)
– The nurse is coming to give you a shot.
– Massage may help to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body.
– She was advised to have an X-ray.
– The best way to prevent vision loss is to get routine eye exams.
– The doctor required that she needed to take pressure measuring.
– When an examination is in order, the doctors do it.
– Doctors prepared an infusion of medicinal herbs.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary | Image
Health Vocabulary in English
Learn health vocabulary in English
- List of medical supplies & equipment in English with pictures
- Medicine names in English
- Types of doctors with names and pictures
- At the doctor’s vocabulary: list of illnesses and treatments
- Names of illnesses & diseases in English
Learn common diseases and different types of doctors with American English pronunciation.