At The Doctor’s Vocabulary! List of diseases and treatments with pictures and examples to increase your vocabulary words in English. When you pay a visit to the doctors there are a lot of terms that you might need to be able to understand and communicate. The reason that this is so important is because your health is the most important thing you have and so understanding the things that are happening at the doctor will benefit more than your language skills.
In this section, you will be learning all the vocabulary that you will need when attending the doctors in an English speaking country.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary
List of Diseases and Treatments
- High blood pressure
- Broken arm
- Sore finger
- Bed rest
- Blood tests
- Physical therapy
- Shot (U.S)/ Jab (U.K)
- Eye exam
- Pressure measuring
Common Disease Names with Examples and Pictures
Illness is generally used as a synonym for disease. Treatments or medical therapies are efforts to cure or improve a disease or other health problems.
– He’s got a headache and a slight fever.
High blood pressure
– High blood pressure imposes an extra load on the heart.
– Jackson had a broken arm.
– He suffered a serious injury that obliged him to give up work.
– My doctor wants me to be tested for diabetes.
– He used his sore finger as a pretext for not going to school.
– I have got toothache, so I must go to a dentist.
– He was so nervous that he got a stomachache.
– The most common type of sprain is the ankle sprain.
Treatment Names with Examples and Pictures
– The doctor puts his foot in a cast and imposes bed rest.
– They did blood tests on him for signs of vitamin deficiency.
– Diet and exercise are equally important.
– Your condition is serious and requires surgery.
– You need to take some exercise to loosen up your muscles.
– The doctor said she should be given a physical therapy.
Shot (U.S)/ Jab (U.K)
– The nurse is coming to give you a shot.
– Massage may help to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body.
– She was advised to have an X-ray.
– The best way to prevent vision loss is to get routine eye exams.
– The doctor required that she needed to take pressure measuring.
– When an examination is in order, the doctors do it.
– Doctors prepared an infusion of medicinal herbs.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary | Image
Health Vocabulary in English
Learn health vocabulary in English
- List of medical supplies & equipment in English with pictures
- Medicine names in English
- Types of doctors with names and pictures
- At the doctor’s vocabulary: list of illnesses and treatments
- Names of illnesses & diseases in English
Learn common diseases and different types of doctors video lessons with American English pronunciation.
Last Updated on February 27, 2023