You may have seen the term IMP used all around the internet, but what does this internet slang mean? We are going to find out the meaning of this internet slang as well as finding out the origin of it. We will also take a look at some examples of how the term can be used and other things it might mean.
What Does IMP Mean?
When you see someone use the slang term IMP on the internet, they are saying “it’s my pleasure“.
Origin of IMP
The term IMP finds its origins as a simple abbreviation.
There are no other meanings for this internet slang term, it is purely one on its own.
There are many times in which you might see the internet slang term imp used in conversation. We are now going to look at some examples of times it might be used.
The first conversation is between two online friends.
- Person 1: “I really enjoyed chatting with you today.”
- Person 2: “I enjoyed it too, thank you so much.”
- Person 1: “Oh IMP, don’t worry about it.”
The next conversation is an email exchange between two co-workers.
- Person 1: “Did you send the documents that I needed?”
- Person 2: “Yes they should be in your inbox right now.”
- Person 1: “Thank you, that is a real help.”
- Person 2: “IMP, I am glad to help.”
The final conversation is taking place between two people playing an online game.
- Person 1: “Are you able to send me some bricks to help with my tower?”
- Person 2: “Yes, of course.”
- Person 1: “Thank you so much.”
- Person 2: “It’s not a problem at all, in fact, IMP.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang Term
There are many other ways in which you might express the meaning of the term imp, we are now going to look at some other ways you can say the slang term which have the same meaning.
- At your service.
- Don’t mention it.
- You’re very/truly welcome.
- Don’t worry about it.
- Forget it.
- Glad to have helped.
- By all means.
- It’s okay.
- Never mention.
- No big deal.
- Not a problem.
- Not at all.
- Sure thing.
- You got it.
- That’s all right!
- Mention it.
- Anything for you/the team
- Of course.
- Oh anytime.
- Anything to make you happy/smile
- Oh, it was the least I could do.
- My pleasure.
- It is/was nothing.
- It’s alright.
- Glad to help.
- No problem.
- No worries.
- Happy to serve you.
- That’s absolutely fine.
- Thank you for giving me a chance to do this.
- I am very pleased!
- I’m happy to help you.
- That’s OK.
- Think nothing of it.
- It is/was my pleasure.
- It’s my duty.
- It’s my pleasure to help you.
- With pleasure.
IMP Meaning Infographic