Gardening Terms! Learn useful names of things in the garden with pictures and examples to improve your garden vocabulary in English.
Garden is the area of land next to a house, where there are flowers, grass, and other plants, and often a place for people to sit.
- Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
- Watering can
- Garden hose
- Vegetable garden
- Seed packet
- Lawn mower
Garden Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
– He hid the bicycle in the hedge.
– He tried to climb the tree, but he could not.
– You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.
– We fenced in the garden to keep the sheep out.
– My friend threw the ball back over the fence.
– The plant needs some water because it’s starting to droop.
Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
– I dumped the newspapers in the recycling bin.
– I think I need a pot.
– He filled the bucket with water.
– You’ll find the lizards behind the watering can.
– I ran for the garden hose and filled the watering can.
– I can’t wade in these boots.
– She is sweeping with a broom.
– Get some more fertilizer for the garden.
– The soil here is very poor.
– She bought herself a hoe and a sickle.
– I threw away the gloves.
– He was working with a pick and shovel.
– She trundled the wheelbarrow down the garden.
– They planned to visit a vegetable garden.
– I use the directions on the seed packet.
– There are animals in there, cow, pig, …
– The grass is greener on the other side.
– We need a lawn mower to cut the grass.
– The flower garden was tastefully laid out.
– There is a small pond in his yard.
– Just turn on the faucet and fill it up.
Garden Vocabulary | Useful Gardening Terms Pictures
Around the House Vocabulary
Learn names of things around the house with pictures.
- Different parts of the house in English.
- Different types of houses with pictures.
- In the garden vocabulary words list.
- Living room furniture with pictures.
- Bedroom furniture with pictures.
- Kitchen vocabulary words list.
- Bathroom vocabulary with pictures.