Learn In the Garden Vocabulary in English through Pictures and Examples.
Garden is the area of land next to a house, where there are flowers, grass, and other plants, and often a place for people to sit.
A garden is a planned space, usually outdoors, set aside for the display, cultivation and enjoyment of plants and other forms of nature. The garden can incorporate both natural and man-made materials.
List of Objects in the Garden illustrated with pictures.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Objects in the Garden Vocabulary
- 1.1 Hedge
- 1.2 Tree
- 1.3 Cow
- 1.4 Sheep
- 1.5 Fence
- 1.6 Plant
- 1.7 Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
- 1.8 Pot
- 1.9 Bucket
- 1.10 Watering can
- 1.11 Garden hose
- 1.12 Boots
- 1.13 Broom
- 1.14 Fertilizer
- 1.15 Soil
- 1.16 Hoe
- 1.17 Gloves
- 1.18 Shovel
- 1.19 Wheelbarrow
- 1.20 Vegetable garden
- 1.21 Seed packet
- 1.22 Animal
- 1.23 Grass
- 1.24 Lawn mower
- 1.25 Flower
- 1.26 Pond
- 1.27 Faucet
- 2 Objects in the Garden | Picture
Objects in the Garden Vocabulary
– He hid the bicycle in the hedge.
– He tried to climb the tree, but he could not.
– You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.
– We fenced in the garden to keep the sheep out.
– My friend threw the ball back over the fence.
– The plant needs some water because it’s starting to droop.
Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
– I dumped the newspapers in the recycling bin.
– I think I need a pot.
– He filled the bucket with water.
– You’ll find the lizards behind the watering can.
– I ran for the garden hose and filled the watering can.
– I can’t wade in these boots.
– She is sweeping with a broom.
– Get some more fertilizer for the garden.
– The soil here is very poor.
– She bought herself a hoe and a sickle.
– I threw away the gloves.
– He was working with a pick and shovel.
– She trundled the wheelbarrow down the garden.
– They planned to visit a vegetable garden.
– I use the directions on the seed packet.
– There are animals in there, cow, pig, …
– The grass is greener on the other side.
– We need a lawn mower to cut the grass.
– The flower garden was tastefully laid out.
– There is a small pond in his yard.
– Just turn on the faucet and fill it up.