Gardening Terms! Learn useful names of things in the garden with pictures and examples to improve your garden vocabulary in English. Many people like to spend a lot of time in the garden, whether that is for gardening, relaxing or playing and so this is a topic of conversation which is likely to occur frequently when talking in English. Not only this, but being able to refer to items which can be found in the garden will help you when watching TV, reading or browsing the internet in English, as there are many garden related items in the media.
In this section, you will be shown the English names for a whole variety of garden related things.
Garden is the area of land next to a house, where there are flowers, grass, and other plants, and often a place for people to sit.
- Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
- Watering can
- Garden hose
- Vegetable garden
- Seed packet
- Lawn mower
Garden Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
– He hid the bicycle in the hedge.
– He tried to climb the tree, but he could not.
– You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.
– We fenced in the garden to keep the sheep out.
– My friend threw the ball back over the fence.
– The plant needs some water because it’s starting to droop.
Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
– I dumped the newspapers in the recycling bin.
– I think I need a pot.
– He filled the bucket with water.
– You’ll find the lizards behind the watering can.
– I ran for the garden hose and filled the watering can.
– I can’t wade in these boots.
– She is sweeping with a broom.
– Get some more fertilizer for the garden.
– The soil here is very poor.
– She bought herself a hoe and a sickle.
– I threw away the gloves.
– He was working with a pick and shovel.
– She trundled the wheelbarrow down the garden.
– They planned to visit a vegetable garden.
– I use the directions on the seed packet.
– There are animals in there, cow, pig, …
– The grass is greener on the other side.
– We need a lawn mower to cut the grass.
– The flower garden was tastefully laid out.
– There is a small pond in his yard.
– Just turn on the faucet and fill it up.
Garden Vocabulary | Useful Gardening Terms Pictures
Around the House Vocabulary
Learn names of things around the house with pictures.
- Different parts of the house in English.
- Different types of houses with pictures.
- In the garden vocabulary words list.
- Living room furniture with pictures.
- Bedroom furniture with pictures.
- Kitchen vocabulary words list.
- Bathroom vocabulary with pictures.
Garden Vocabulary Video
Learn garden words video with beautiful illustrations.