ISO Meaning! If you frequent the classifieds on any site or in the paper, then this is an acronym you are probably already familiar with. However, if it is your first time seeing it then you may be confused and that is probably led you to this page. Have no fear! Here you will find the meaning of this acronym and its origin information if available. You will also find some alternate meanings and some example conversations to help you better understand the term. To sum up the article, you will see some other words or phrases that you can use in place of the phrase the acronym represents that will allow you to convey the same meaning using different terminology.
What Does ISO Mean?
This acronym represents the phrase “in search of.” It is mostly used by people in personal ads and classified ads looking for something or someone in particular.
Origin of ISO
There is no specific information available regarding the origin of this term.
This is also used as an acronym to represent organizations and other things also. There are way too many to mention all of them here, but some of them are “International Standards Organization,” “I Seek Out,” “Isomorphic Algorithm,” “International Service Organization,” and “I Smash Out.” The term can also be used as a word to describe a particular type of file extension for computers and CDs.
An online discussion involving two Facebook users.
- User 1: ISO of a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home for rent, under $1200 a month.
- User 2: I have one that will be available as of December 1st. $1000 a month.
- User 1: When can my husband and I come to look at it?
An online discussion between two users in an automotive forum.
- User 1: ISO parts for a 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback.
- User 2: What parts are you looking for?
- User 1: All of them. I am rebuilding one from the ground up.
- User 2: I have some parts you could probably use.
Other Ways to Say “ISO”
There are several ways you could say this phrase using other terms. Some of the alternative ways you could say this include:
- looking for
- searching for
ISO Meaning Infographic