The slang term “ji” is used as a standalone word in most cases, however, it can be used as an acronym as well. This article will focus on providing information regarding only its most popular usage as a standalone term. Here you will find its meaning, some information about its origin, and some other meanings that it may have when used as an acronym.
Example conversations have been provided for you here in addition to this information so that you can see how the term is used in proper context and to help you further understand the definition. Finally, you will see some synonymous words and phrases that share the same meaning so you can use them in place of this term to convey the same meaning.
What Does Ji Mean?
This slang term is used as a standalone word and it means “really,” “very,” “sort of,” “a lot,” or “excessively.” It is used to express how much of something that someone is.
Origin of Ji
According to some research on the Internet, it appears as if this slang term originated in the Maryland/D.C. area of the United States and is used among urban young people. It has been used here in the manner defined in the meaning above since at least 2006.
This slang standalone term is also used as an acronym to represent many things. Although this is not an all-inclusive list of the possible things that this term can represent as an acronym, some things it can stand for are “Joint Implementation,” “Journal of Immunology,” “Job Instruction,” “Joint Inspection,” and “Junior Initiate.”
A conversation between husband and wife via text message.
- Husband: I am on my way home from work. Do you want to go out on a date tonight?
- Wife: Oh, hon, I would love to, but I am ji tired! It was a long day at work!
- Husband: I understand, love. I will pick up some take out on the way home so you can have the night off to relax.
- Wife: You are too good to me!
An online discussion between two Twitter users.
- User 1: I am ji excited for this new game to come out! January needs to hurry and get here!
- User 2: What the hell does “ji excited” mean? LOL!
- User 1: Oh, hi Uncle Ron! It’s slang for very or really.
- User 2: LOL! Just say that next time then. I am not up to date on all the new slang.
Synonyms for Ji
As you can see from the explanation of this term’s meaning, there are many synonymous words or phrases that you could use to represent this phrase and use in its place. Some other things you could say or use instead include:
- sort of