Learn useful Jobs Vocabulary in English through list, examples illustrated with pictures.
Job is a person’s role in society. A person can begin a job by becoming an employee, volunteering, starting a business, or becoming a parent.
This list of jobs can help you expand your English vocabulary.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Jobs Vocabulary
- 1.1 Office worker
- 1.2 Computer programmer
- 1.3 Veterinarian
- 1.4 Street vendor
- 1.5 Factory worker
- 1.6 Miner
- 1.7 Teacher
- 1.8 Real estate agent
- 1.9 Bellboy
- 1.10 Gas station attendant
- 1.11 Speaker
- 1.12 Delivery man
- 1.13 Butcher
- 1.14 Pharmacist
- 1.15 Receptionist
- 1.16 Politician
- 1.17 Tour guide
- 1.18 Entrepreneur
- 1.19 Ballet dancer
- 1.20 Astronaut
- 1.21 Judge
- 1.22 Customs officer
- 1.23 Lawyer
- 1.24 Cashier
- 1.25 Taxi driver
- 1.26 Plumber
- 1.27 Musician
- 1.28 Chef
- 1.29 Baker
- 1.30 Artist
- 1.31 Actor/ Actress
- 1.32 Bartender
- 1.33 Hairdresser
- 1.34 Bishop
- 1.35 Optician
- 1.36 Florist
- 1.37 Tailor/ Seamstress
- 1.38 Writer/ author
- 1.39 Caretaker
- 1.40 Bus driver
- 1.41 Accountant
- 2 Jobs Vocabulary in English | Picture
List of Jobs Vocabulary
– I’m an office worker.
– Mike found a challenging job as a computer programmer.
– She is a veterinarian, she is very kind to animals.
– Starting as a street vendor, he is now general manager of a trading corporation in Beijing.
– He did a lot to improve conditions for factory worker.
– He was a miner all his working life.
– The teacher told the children to stop chattering in class.
Real estate agent
– The real estate agent showed them house after house, but they couldn’t find one they liked.
– The bellboy will lead you to your room.
Gas station attendant
– The gas station attendant warns them to service the car soon.
– The students assailed the speaker with questions.
– I did not want to appear like a delivery man.
– The butcher prepared a rack of pork.
– The pharmacist will make up your prescription.
– He is a receptionist in a hotel.
– The politician gave an equivocal answer.
– Tomorrow the tour guide will take us to tour Imperial Palace.
– Being an entrepreneur is a way of fulfilling your creative potential.
– I wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was a child.
– The rocket boosts the astronaut into space.
– A good judge does not make arbitrary decisions.
– The customs officer inspected my passport suspiciously.
– The lawyer culled important facts from the mass of evidence.
– I work at a book store as a cashier once a week.
– The taxi driver picked up a fare outside the opera house.
– We had to call a plumber to unblock the drains.
– He had been a talented musician in his youth.
– The chef used an electric grinder in the kitchen.
– The baker bakes his bread in the bakery.
– She wanted a famous artist to paint her picture.
– He won the best actor award.
– The bartender handed me a mug of lukewarm beer.
– I’m going to change my hairdresser.
– The bishop blessed the new church.
– The optician said I needed new glasses.
– The florist bunched the flowers up.
– The tailor has cut my coat very well.
– The writer arranges a happy ending.
– The caretaker opens up the school every morning at seven.
– I asked the bus driver to put me off at the station.
– He is going to be an accountant.