What does Jorts mean? Looking for the meaning of this internet term? Learn the definition, how and when to use this online slang word with ESL picture and helpful text conversations in English.
What Does Jorts Mean?
The definition for the slang term, ‘jorts’, is one of the easiest. Simply put, ‘jorts’ are jean shorts. These shorts are the result of either purchasing precut-off jeans or grabbing a pair of scissors and making them yourself. ‘Jorts’ are a more casual rendition of shorts attire and are a more laid back person’s choice of clothing.
Origin of Jorts
In the 1960s contracting the word shorts with another term to shorten a description became popular with the word skorts. A combo of a skirt and shorts. That trend continued with the fashion industry and soon morphed into the term ‘jorts’. The new slang term fit comfortably into modern pop culture’s desire for the shortest way possible of talking.
How you will see the internet slang term commonly used.
- Girl: Hey babe what do you think?
- Guy: Uh, you look good. A little different then I thought you would wear. You do remember your going to meet my parents?
- Girl: Babe, these are jorts! They are the hot new thing. Your parents will admire my fashion sense.
- Guy: Alright, whatever you say.
Here you have a girl going to meet her boyfriend’s parents the first time and informs her boyfriend they are a fashion statement he just doesn’t understand.
- Forum User 1: I have a beach party this evening. Any good ideas for a cute outfit?
- Forum User 2: How about a sundress?
- Forum User 1: I want something a little less girly.
- Forum User 3: Go with jeans and a cute tank top.
- Forum User 4: Nope, I got it, go with jorts! They are super cute, not to hot for summer, and not super girly style.
- Forum User 1: OMG, thank you, perfect!
On a fashion forum, a girl asks for help picking a beach party outfit and finally gets the right detailed answer.
- omg – Oh My Gosh or Oh My God
- Texter 1: Hey girl did you see what Jenny was wearing?
- Texter 2: OMG YEAH! I so love that look.
- Texter 1: IKR! Jorts are so in this year.
A couple of school girls talking fashion over their phones and how in style another girl was by wearing the jean shorts called ‘jorts’.
- omg – Oh My God or Oh My Gosh
- ikr – I Know Right