The acronym “KGIS” is not as well-known as some acronyms that are used on the internet today. If you have seen this acronym and wondered what it means, you are most likely not the only one. Here you will find the meaning of this acronym and information concerning its origin if there is any information to be found. You will also find some other meanings of the acronym and some example conversations using the specified meaning that is highlighted here correctly to help you better understand the term. Lastly, you will find some alternate phrases or words that you can use in place of the acronym to convey the same meaning if any alternate suggestions are known.
What Does KGIS Mean?
The acronym “KGIS” is used to represent the phrase “keep girls in sports.”
There is no specific origin information available concerning this phrase. However, past studies show that in the last decade or more that girls who play sports when they are younger tend to quit sports once they have reached puberty. The “KGIS” movement was started to encourage girls to remain athletes past the age of puberty. This helps them stay in shape and lets them know that athletics is not only a place for men.
There are many other meanings that show up when you search for the meaning of the acronym “KGIS.” However, most of the results that pop up are for companies, businesses, and organizations. For instance, some of the other things that the acronym “KGIS” can represent include “Kia Global Information Systems,” “Kuder General Interest Survey,” “Kansas Grain Inspection Services,” and the “Kansas Geographic Information Systems.”
A text conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: I think KGIS is an important movement.
- Friend 2: I agree with you 100%. I know sports did a lot for me growing up. I would not be the person I am today without them.
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: I love seeing all these pictures of girls still playing sports. It’s important to KGIS!
- User 2: I don’t see what the big deal is. I know a lot of girls that play sports.
- User 1: The big deal is that they conform to a society that tells them sports are for boys and its not what a normal girl does. It shouldn’t have to be that way.
Other Ways to Say “KGIS”
There are some alternative phrases that you could use to replace this acronym and still convey the same meaning. Some of these alternatives include:
- keep females in sports
- female athletes are important too
- athletes can be girls too
KGIS Meaning Infographic