What does KIK mean? Learn the definition, how and when to use this internet acronym with ESL infographic and useful conversation examples in English.
What Does KIK Mean?
The letters ‘kik’ is simply ‘lol’ being mistyped. If you observe your keyboard you will find ‘lol’ right beside ‘kik’ and can easily be hit instead. The meaning behind ‘lol‘ is ‘Laugh Out Loud’ yet at times many will say it in a rush if they are busy resulting ‘kik’.
On a very rare instance, ‘kik’ can refer to a smartphone app that allows a user to be anonymous because the app is only tied to a user name and no personal information.
Here are some examples of where this slang word gets placed.
- Texter 1: Hey are you going out tonight.
- Texter 2: Yes
- Texter 1: I can’t decide what I am going to wear.
- Texter 1: Pink or blue?
- Texter 2: ?
- Texter 1: Tops, pink or blue. My skirt is jean material so either will work.
- Texter 2: Blue
- Texter 1: Now shoes.
- Texter 2: I’m at work
- Texter 1: Red or black
- Texter 2: kik
- Texter 1: ?????? What does that mean?
- Texter 2: It means I mistyped lol and again girl I am at work.
Here you experience a friend that is very chatty and another simply trying to work and unable to type correctly.
Early in the day:
- Texter 1: Hey babe my hair is a mess I’m not going out. BAD HAIR DAY.
- Texter 2: kik
- Texter 1: ???
- Texter 1: What does that mean?
Later that Day:
- Texter 1: You jerk, are you ever going to respond?
- Texter 2: Babe you know I’m at work what’s wrong?
- Texter 1: kik
- Texter 2: ????
- Texter 1: Right what does it mean, you sent it to me?
- Texter 2: Oh sorry
- Texter 2: lol
- Texter 1: wth
- Texter 2: Sorry babe it was lol, I missed the keys in a hurry.
Now we have a conversation where a girl messaged her boyfriend early in the day and he responded with ‘kik’ and then doesn’t respond the rest of the day confusing her with to what it means. After he finally messaged back and figured out what she was talking about he irritates her by sending what he had meant to send earlier.
- wth – What The Heck or What The Hell