KISS Synonyms! learn different words to use instead of saying KISS in English (synonyms for kiss) with example sentences and ESL picture.
Kiss Definition and Examples
Meaning of Kiss: A form of expression that denotes a greeting or a sign of affection. It involves using one’s lips to make contact with the other person and simultaneously make a smacking sound.
- “My mother used to kiss me on my cheek every morning before I left for school and every afternoon when I got back.”
- “Some cultures kiss as a greeting even if they are just meeting for the first time while it is forbidden in other cultures.”
- ” Your kiss still burns on my lips, every day of mine is so beautiful.”
List of Synonyms for KISS
Commonly used synonyms for Kiss.
- Snog (British, slang)
- Smooch (informal)
- Canoodle (slang)
- Make out (phrasal verb, informal)
Large list of 50+ different words to use instead of “kiss”.
- Give a kiss
- Make out
KISS Synonyms with Examples
Snog (British, slang)
- Meaning: To kiss each other, especially for a long time
- Example: They were snogging on the sofa.
- Meaning: To kiss and hold somebody closely, especially when you are dancing slowly
- Example: They greeted and smooched each other.
- Meaning: To kiss and touch each other in a sexual way
- Example: He was seen canoodling with his new girlfriend.
Make out (phrasal verb, informal)
- Meaning: To kiss and touch somebody in a sexual way
- Example: This student makes out with everyone in his dorm.
- Meaning: To kiss somebody lightly and quickly
- Example: He pecked her on the cheek as he went out.
- Meaning: To say hello or goodbye to somebody by kissing them near the side of their face but not actually touching them
- Example: Kissing isn’t allowed in class so the couple air-kissed each other.
- Meaning: To kiss someone in a friendly rather than a sexual way
- Example: He bussed her mother on the forehead when he entered the room.