What is another word for “kiss”? Learn different words to use instead of saying “kiss” in English (synonyms for “kiss”) with example sentences and ESL picture.
Kiss Definition and Examples
Meaning of Kiss: A form of expression that denotes a greeting or a sign of affection. It involves using one’s lips to make contact with the other person and simultaneously make a smacking sound.
- “My mother used to kiss me on my cheek every morning before I left for school and every afternoon when I got back.”
- “Some cultures kiss as a greeting even if they are just meeting for the first time while it is forbidden in other cultures.”
- ” Your kiss still burns on my lips, every day of mine is so beautiful.”
Other Words for “Kiss”
Commonly used synonyms for Kiss.
- Snog (British, slang)
- Smooch (informal)
- Canoodle (slang)
- Make out (phrasal verb, informal)
Large list of 50+ different words to use instead of “kiss”.
- Give a kiss
- Make out
“Kiss” Synonyms with Examples
Snog (British, slang)
- Meaning: To kiss each other, especially for a long time
- Example: They were snogging on the sofa.
- Meaning: To kiss and hold somebody closely, especially when you are dancing slowly
- Example: They greeted and smooched each other.
- Meaning: To kiss and touch each other in a sexual way
- Example: He was seen canoodling with his new girlfriend.
Make out (phrasal verb, informal)
- Meaning: To kiss and touch somebody in a sexual way
- Example: This student makes out with everyone in his dorm.
- Meaning: To kiss somebody lightly and quickly
- Example: He pecked her on the cheek as he went out.
- Meaning: To say hello or goodbye to somebody by kissing them near the side of their face but not actually touching them
- Example: Kissing isn’t allowed in class so the couple air-kissed each other.
- Meaning: To kiss someone in a friendly rather than a sexual way
- Example: He bussed her mother on the forehead when he entered the room.
Another Word for “Kiss” | Image
Last Updated on December 16, 2020