What is another word for “like”? In this lesson, you will learn different ways to say “like” in English (synonyms for like) with their meaning, example sentences & ESL picture.
Like Definition and Examples
Meaning of Like: To appreciate something positively or to resemble something in characteristic or feature.
- “The oldest son in the family was a lot like his father when it came to the way in which he swung his golf club.”
- “The movie is so good it is certain those folks would like it.
- “I like her, although I could cheerfully throttle her at times.”
Other Words for “Like”
Frequently used synonyms for “like”.
- Care for
- Fond (adj)
Big list of 95+ different words to use instead of “like”.
- Akin to
- Approve of
- Bask in
- Be attracted to
- Be fond of
- Be keen on
- Be partial to
- Be pleased
- Care for
- Care to
- Delight in
- Dote on
- Equal to
- Fall in love with
- Feast on
- Find appealing
- Get a kick out of
- Get high on
- Get off on
- Go for
- Hold dear
- Indulge in
- Long for
- Look up to
- Lust after
- Luxuriate in
- Rejoice in
- Revel in
- Similar to
- Take an interest in
- Take pleasure in
- Take to
- Wallow in
- Wish for
“Like” Synonyms with Examples
- Meaning: To look at something and think that it is attractive and/or impressive
- Example: I’ve just been admiring your new car.
- Meaning: To want something or want to do something
- Example: Mary didn’t fancy the idea of going home in the dark.
- Meaning: To get pleasure from something
- Example: Thanks for a great evening. I really enjoyed it.
- Meaning: To like or enjoy something very much
- Example: She really loves winter evenings.
- Meaning: To like something very much
- Example: She adores working with children.
- Meaning: To like one thing or person better than another
- Example: I much prefer jazz to rock music.
- Meaning: To admire or love somebody very much
- Example: Young children often idolize their parents.
- Meaning: To love somebody/something very much and want to protect them or it
- Example: Children need to be cherished.
- Meaning: To love or like somebody very much
- Example: She cared for him more than he realized.
- Meaning: To have or keep something that you love and that is extremely valuable to you
- Example: Thank you for this book. I will really treasure it.
- Meaning: To prefer one system, plan, the way of doing something, etc. to another
- Example: It’s a resort favored by families with young children.
- Meaning: To admire somebody/something
- Example: He had always been honest with me, and I respect him for that.
- Meaning: Liking to do something which other people find annoying or unpleasant, and doing it often
- Example: Sakira’s very fond of telling other people what to do.
- Meaning: To want something; to wish for something
- Example: The house had everything you could desire.
Another Word for “Like”| Image
LIKE Synonyms: 14 Useful Synonyms for LIKE in English