LIKE Synonyms! In this lesson, you will learn different ways to say LIKE in English (synonyms for like) with their meaning, example sentences and ESL picture.
Like Definition and Examples
Meaning of Like: To appreciate something positively or to resemble something in characteristic or feature.
- “The oldest son in the family was a lot like his father when it came to the way in which he swung his golf club.”
- “The movie is so good it is certain those folks would like it.
- “I like her, although I could cheerfully throttle her at times.”
List of Synonyms for LIKE
- Care for
- Fond (adj)
LIKE Synonyms with Examples
- Meaning: To look at something and think that it is attractive and/or impressive
- Example: I’ve just been admiring your new car.
- Meaning: To want something or want to do something
- Example: Mary didn’t fancy the idea of going home in the dark.
- Meaning: To get pleasure from something
- Example: Thanks for a great evening. I really enjoyed it.
- Meaning: To like or enjoy something very much
- Example: She really loves winter evenings.
- Meaning: To like something very much
- Example: She adores working with children.
- Meaning: To like one thing or person better than another
- Example: I much prefer jazz to rock music.
- Meaning: To admire or love somebody very much
- Example: Young children often idolize their parents.
- Meaning: To love somebody/something very much and want to protect them or it
- Example: Children need to be cherished.
- Meaning: To love or like somebody very much
- Example: She cared for him more than he realized.
- Meaning: To have or keep something that you love and that is extremely valuable to you
- Example: Thank you for this book. I will really treasure it.
- Meaning: To prefer one system, plan, the way of doing something, etc. to another
- Example: It’s a resort favored by families with young children.
- Meaning: To admire somebody/something
- Example: He had always been honest with me, and I respect him for that.
- Meaning: Liking to do something which other people find annoying or unpleasant, and doing it often
- Example: Sakira’s very fond of telling other people what to do.
- Meaning: To want something; to wish for something
- Example: The house had everything you could desire.
Synonyms for LIKE | Image
Learn list of LIKE synonyms in English with examples.
LIKE Synonyms: 14 Useful Synonyms for LIKE in English