What does LMAO mean? Are you searching for the definition of LMAO? Learn the meaning of this internet slang word with useful text conversations and ESL infographic.
What Does LMAO Mean?
LMAO is a very common word, and you will find it being used in regular messages, chats, and even social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. The word is used in written conversations, just as many other internet slangs. The slang is used by people of all ages, since many people know about it and what it means. But LMAO is not a formal word.
LMAO is “Laughing My Ass Off”
LMAO is used when you find someone unusually funny. It is used in cases where the joke is more hilarious than would typically be the case, and in situations where you would laugh so hard. In fact, this is the slang you use in places where a laughing emoji or the phrase “haha” would not be adequate. It is also used as a stronger version of the slang LOL (laughing out loud)
Other similar text abbreviations:
LMBO (laughing my butt off), LOL (laughing out loud), LML (laughing mad aloud), LMFAO (A more obscene form of the word).
Anne: Guess what? My kid messed up with my alarm clock so that I got up three hours earlier than expected. Didn’t realize it until I had already taken breakfast.
Jeanie: That is hilarious… LMAO
Audience member: LMAO. This comedian always makes me laugh.
Other Meanings of LMAO
- Land Mail Art Object
- Let’s Make Another Offer
- Laughing My A** Off
- Leave Me Alone Okay
- Laughing My All Out
- Lick Me All Over
- Love My Apple Orchard
- Low Mall Area Off
- Let Me Ask Obama
- Laughing My Ankles Off
- Laughing My Anxiety Off
LMAO Meaning Infographic
Other Ways to Say “LMAO”
“Laughing My Ass Off” Synonyms List
- That’s funny how
- It’s hilarious
- LMBO (laughing my butt off)
- It was side-splitting
- It was priceless
- It was humorous
- It was comical
- LOL (laugh – out – loud)
- It was amusing
- It made me laugh
- It had me dying of laughter
- LML (laughing mad aloud)
- It’s funny how
- It cracks me up
- ROGL (Rolling on the grass laughing)
- ROFL (Rolling on the floor laughing)
- It cracked me up
- I couldn’t stop laughing
- I burst out laughing
- I burst into laughter.
“Laughing My Ass Off” Synonyms with Examples
- You should have seen the look on her face when I told her – it was priceless!
- He is one of the few writers who can make me laugh out loud.
- It made me laugh; and I have to admit that my laughter was euphoric.
- It’s funny how people always remember him.
- It was comical to find that at end of our gathering.
- I glared at him for a moment, then I burst into laughter.
- There’s something about that guy’s face. It cracks me up.
- It nearly cracked me up and he could see what it did to me.
- She was telling me jokes and I couldn’t stop laughing.
- I nearly burst out laughing when I saw him in that cheesy top hat.
- Joe lent me a book. It was amusing.
Other Useful Internet Slang Words
- WBU: What About You?
- VSF: Very Sad Face
- UR: Your
- U4F: You Forever
- U: You
- TYVM: Thank You Very Much
- TTYL: Talk To You Later
- TMI: Too Much Information
- TL;DR: Too Long; Didn’t Read
- TIL: Today I Learned
- TIA: Thanks in Advance