“LMBO” or “lmbo” is a popular acronym used in internet chatting and text messaging, but what exactly does it mean? Here you will find the meaning of this well-known acronym, information on its origin if there is any available, and some possible other meanings if they exist. You will also view some examples of how this acronym is used in conversation and discover some alternative ways to convey the same meaning.
What Does LMBO Mean?
The meaning of the acronym “LMBO” or “lmbo” means the phrase “laughing my butt off.”
Origin of LMBO
The most likely origin of “lmbo” most likely came from the same origin of the more profane “lmao” meaning “laughing my a$$ off.” This acronym came about from the origin of the acronym “lol” meaning “laughing out loud.” “Lmao” started being used after “lol” to show that something was funnier and warranted more than a simple “lol.” This occurred sometime during the 1990s as internet chatting and text messaging were beginning to escalate in popularity as a form of communication. “Lmbo” most likely came about as a means for people who do not like to curse to say the same thing as those who were using “lmao.”
The Urban Dictionary suggests a few alternative meanings for the acronym “lmbo” or “LMBO.” According to user contributions on the site, the acronym can also mean “laughing my boobs off” or “laughing my balls off.”
A text exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: Hey, I have a joke for you.
- Friend 2: Okay, let’s hear it.
- Friend 1: How do you catch a polar bear?
- Friend 2: I don’t know. How do you catch a polar bear?
- Friend 1: First, you cut a hole in the ice. Then you take some peas and you put them around the hole. When the polar bear comes to take a pea you kick him in the ice hole.
- Friend 2: LMBO! That’s so funny!
An online chat exchange between two players in a game.
- Player 1: OMG! Did you see what my character just did?
- Player 2: No, I must have missed it. What happened?
- Player 1: My character just tripped over a tree stump and fell on his face!
- Player 2: LOL! I didn’t even know that was possible!
- Player 1: Neither did I! I am over here LMBO!
Other Ways to Say “LMBO”
There are several alternatives to say “lmbo” or “LMBO” that you can use to mean the same thing. Alternatives you can use include:
- “LMAO” or “lmao” which means “laughing my ass off”
- you could also simply spell it out as laughing my butt off
- I’m laughing so hard
“LMBO” synonyms list
- I burst into laughter.
- LMAO (Laughing my ass off).
- LMFAO (A more obscene form of LMAO).
- It had me dying of laughter.
- I burst out laughing.
- LMBO (laughing my butt off).
- I couldn’t stop laughing.
- It was side-splitting.
- It’s funny how.
- It’s hilarious.
- LML (laughing mad aloud).
- It cracks me up.
- ROFL (Rolling on the floor laughing).
- It made me laugh.
- It was amusing.
- It was comical.
- It was humorous.
- It was priceless.