LOML Meaning! LOML is an acronym seen commonly on social media. In this lesson, you will learn how to use this acronym with meaning and useful example conversations.
What Does LOML Mean?
LOML is an acronym that stands for “Love Of My Life”. Being used as an adjective, LOML can be found on people, places, activities, or items. It doesn’t necessarily mean a romantic lover as for example a favorite ice cream flavor can be someones’ LOML. Same goes for a new model of computer or a celebrity. Typically LOML is used in a more jovial fashion, while the literal meaning does see plenty of usage.
Origin of LOML
LOML likely originated during the late 1990s and early 2000s on message boards and early text messages. Like all early acronyms it was developed for convenience, as spelling out four letters is a lot easier than four whole words. This is especially true when characters were limited. By the late-2000s, LOML had found widespread usage on social media like Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram. Here the acronym was commonly posted under pictures of people, hobbies, places, etc.
There is no other meanings recorded using the acronym LOML.
Text Between Friends
- Friend 1: “I really think Jake is the LOML.”
- Friend 2: “Gurrrl, you said that last week about Paul.”
- Friend 1: “Yeah, but Jake is different!”
- Friend 2: “You said that about Philip.”
- Friend 1: “Well Philip was a weirdo!”
- Friend 2: “I just think you use LOML too freely. Tone it down some, K?”
Posts on A Photo on Facebook
- Comment 1: “OMG! You and Scott look soooo cute together!”
- Comment 2: “Girl, he is fine.”
- Comment 3: “You two are dating?”
- Comment 4: “Thanks baes. He’s the LOML. Love you Scott, lol!”
Other Ways to Say the Slang Word
LOML is pronounced as “Lom-El”, although it is rarely spelled as such. Another variation of LOML is “OTLOML”, standing for “One True Love Of My Life”. It can be used interchangeably with LOML, but OTLOML is typically used romantically while LOML can be used on a variety of person, places, things, or activities as previously discussed. Like all acronyms, LOML can be spelled in either all lowercase or capital case letters.