Learn useful Math Vocabulary in English with pictures and examples.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Math Vocabulary in English
- 2 Math Vocabulary in English | Picture
Math Vocabulary in English
– Draw a straight line across the top of the page.
– The two lines of bones are set perpendicular to one another.
– He drew a line on the paper in a smooth curve.
– The rainbow described an arc in the sky.
– Draw a circle six centimetres in diameter.
– We are measuring the radius of the circle.
– The diameter measures twice the radius.
– The architect drew the house in section.
– First of all, draw a square.
– He drew a rectangle on the blackboard.
– The diagonal line forms the jabot effect.
– A right triangle has a right angle.
– Our table is oval in shape.
– A diameter passes through the center of a circle.
– Two halves make a whole.
A half (1/2)
– He kept a half of the cake for himself.
A quarter (1/4)
– It’s about a page and a quarter.
– How many faces does a cube have?
– This is a cylinder.
– He drew a pyramid.
– Fold the paper to make the shape of a cone.
– There are three parallel lines.
Math Vocabulary in English | Picture