Math Vocabulary! List of ESL Math vocabulary words and Math terms in English with pictures. These useful Mathematical terms with video lessons help English students and ESL learners improve their English vocabulary.
Math Vocabulary/ Math Terms
List of Mathematics Vocabulary Words
- Straight line
- Right triangle
- A half (1/2)
- A quarter (1/4)
- Parallel lines
Math Vocabulary Words with Examples and Pictures
– Draw a straight line across the top of the page.
– The two lines of bones are set perpendicular to one another.
– He drew a line on the paper in a smooth curve.
– The rainbow described an arc in the sky.
– Draw a circle six centimetres in diameter.
– We are measuring the radius of the circle.
– The diameter measures twice the radius.
– The architect drew the house in section.
– First of all, draw a square.
– He drew a rectangle on the blackboard.
– The diagonal line forms the jabot effect.
– A right triangle has a right angle.
– Our table is oval in shape.
– A diameter passes through the center of a circle.
– Two halves make a whole.
A half (1/2)
– He kept a half of the cake for himself.
A quarter (1/4)
– It’s about a page and a quarter.
– How many faces does a cube have?
– This is a cylinder.
– He drew a pyramid.
– Fold the paper to make the shape of a cone.
– There are three parallel lines.
Math Vocabulary Words in English | Picture
Mathematics Symbols Vocabulary
Mathematics is used to communicate information about a wide range of different subjects.
This is a list of common Math symbols found in all branches of mathematics to express a formula or to represent a constant.
- Strict inequality
- Material equivalence
- Material implication
- Empty set
- Triangle or delta
- For all
- Pi constant
- Square root
- Line segment
- Right angle
- Braces (grouping)
- Parentheses (grouping)
Mathematics Symbols Chart
Geometric Lines Names
Here are some basic lines in geometry.
- Parallel lines
Lines Vocabulary in English | Image
Hundreds Chart: Numbers 1-100 Counting Chart
Numbers are the words or symbols that we use to count quantity.
The symbols that we use for numbers today (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) are called Arabic numerals.
Number Chart: How to Write Numbers in Words
A number is a mathematical object used to count, measure, and label.
Learn this number chart which explains in details how to say and write different numbers in words.
Math Vocabulary Videos
MATH Symbols: Useful List of Mathematical Symbols in English with American English Pronunciation.
Math Vocabulary: Learn Mathematics Vocabulary Words in English with American English Pronunciation.