Learn medical vocabulary which includes medicine names with pictures and examples. When you are feeling unwell, it is always very useful to have a good medical vocabulary in English. This is especially important to be able to tell people how you are feeling and what you might need in order to feel better. This knowledge will also help you to understand when taking care of an English speaker who might need medical treatment.
In this section, you will be learning all the relevant vocabulary that you will need in conversation and for understanding what you are hearing.
Learn this useful medicine list to increase your vocabulary in English.
- Oral rinse
- Cough syrup
- Decongestant spray
- Eye drops
- Effervescent tablet
Medicine Names with Examples and Pictures
– Make a salt solution by dissolving 9 tablespoonfuls of cooking salt in a pint of water.
– I use an oral rinse to keep my breath fresh.
– The drugstore offered a typical array of cold pills and cough syrups.
– We don’t have enough antiseptic or syringes.
– She rubbed the lotion into her skin.
– Decongestant sprays and pills may reduce the swelling in your nasal passages.
– A while ago, I bought some softgel vitamin D supplements.
– The heart pumps blood round the body.
– We put some ointment and a bandage on his knee.
– I bought some lozenges to soothe my sore throat.
– The bark is made into powder for stomach and kidney ailments.
– Dahling’s doctor initially gave her eye drops but they did not work.
– The production of effervescent tablets is the chief work of SwissCo.
– The medicine can be taken in tablet or capsule form.
– She carefully screwed the cap back onto the toothpaste.
– Aspirins should help reduce the fever.
– She took a caplet and went to bed.
– The doctor advised me to take a capsule this morning.
List of Medicine Names with Pictures
Health Vocabulary in English
Learn health vocabulary in English
- List of medical supplies & equipment in English with pictures
- Medicine names in English
- Types of doctors with names and pictures
- At the doctor’s vocabulary: list of illnesses and treatments
- Names of illnesses & diseases in English
Learn medicine names with American English pronunciation.