The internet slang term “meh” is one of the most popular slang words used today. If you have heard or seen this term being used recently and were wondering its meaning, then you have come to the correct place. Here you will learn all about this term including its meaning, origin, and even find out if it has other meanings or not.
You will also see the term featured in some example conversations to help you better understand how it is used properly. Finally, you will see some alternative words that you can use in place of this term during a conversation that will not change the meaning of the original thought or message.
What Does Meh Mean?
This slang term is used on the internet, in text messaging, and as a part of everyday informal conversation as an expression to let someone know that you are bored or feel indifferent about something.
Origin of Meh
This term was first used sometime in the 190s. It is said to have become popular after it was used on the popular U.S. television show The Simpsons.
There are currently no other known meanings for this slang term.
A text message conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: Do you like the band Nickelback.
- Friend 2: I used to like them, but now I think they are just kind of meh.
- Friend 1: Same. They used to have some good music and then all their stuff started sounding the same. That gets boring after a while.
An online discussion between two Facebook users.
- User 1: How is everyone doing today? My day was awesome!
- User 2: My day was pretty meh.
- User 1: I am sorry to hear that. If you need to talk about it, I am here for you.
Synonyms for Meh
There are many words that you can use to replace the usage of this slang term without changing its meaning. Some of the words that you could use depending on the context it is being used in include:
Meh Meaning Infographic