What does Mook mean? This article will provide a clear definition of this internet slang word with interesting text conversation examples in English.
What Does Mook Mean?
When using the term ‘mook’ and referring to someone, you are calling them stupid and incompetent. A ‘mook’ is someone with little to no social life and someone considered untrustworthy.
Origin of this online slang word
Back in the early 2000s ‘Spin Magazine‘ tried turning ‘mook’ into a better term. Something to call young aspiring artists. However, it didn’t take or even attempt to catch on. In British slag ‘mook’ is a variant or ‘mock’ which means ‘donkey’.
Different ways you will find ‘mook’ used.
- Texter 1: Can you believe what Jane did?
- Texter 2: What did she do now?
- Texter 1: She gave Dan her rent money.
- Texter 2: WHY!?
- Texter 1: He swears he will get it back to her before its due.
- Texter 2: Just like last time and she ended up making it late after borrowing it from me.
- Texter 1: I know he is such a mook, why can’t she see that?
Now a ‘mook’ is sometimes a guy who borrows from his friends even though he knows the odds of paying them back is slim. Like here he doesn’t care if his friend is unable to make her rent. Some people can’t see a ‘mook’ very easily and like these friends talk about him and hope their friend doesn’t get hurt yet again by him.
- Guy 1: Hey man how are you.
- Guy 2: Good just living the life you know.
- Guy 1: You still being a mook and living off Jeff?
- Guy 2: Not cool dude.
- Guy 1: Come one man your 35, isn’t it time to get a job?
Here you have a couple old buddies talking and one informs the other that he is lazy and needs a job. That he should stop mooching off his friends.
Mook Meaning Infographic