Learn English vocabulary for musical instruments through pictures and examples.
A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. Musical instruments are constructed in a broad array of styles and shapes, using many different materials.
This is list of musical instruments.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Musical Instruments Vocabulary
- 1.1 Musical note
- 1.2 Trombone
- 1.3 Saxophone
- 1.4 Trumpet
- 1.5 Tuba
- 1.6 French horn
- 1.7 Record
- 1.8 Clarinet
- 1.9 Microphone
- 1.10 Harp
- 1.11 Recorder
- 1.12 Keyboard
- 1.13 Xylophone
- 1.14 Maracas
- 1.15 Bell
- 1.16 Harmonica
- 1.17 Accordion
- 1.18 Bass drum
- 1.19 Banjo
- 1.20 Double bass
- 1.21 Cello
- 1.22 Violin
- 1.23 Piano
- 1.24 Guitar
- 1.25 Bass guitar
- 1.26 Conga
- 1.27 Snare drum
- 1.28 Drums/ Drum set
- 2 Musical Instruments | Image
Musical Instruments Vocabulary
– He wrote down the musical note on the paper.
– The trombone is an essential musical instrument for a symphony orchestra.
– He was jamming with his saxophone.
– She played a tune on her trumpet.
– He taught himself to play the tuba.
– I am playing French Horn.
– She mouthed the words as the record played.
– She plays the clarinet in a swing band.
– We need a microphone so that people in the back can hear us.
– He played an Irish melody on the harp.
– I want to have a recorder.
– He studied the keyboard carefully, one finger poised.
– They will never recede like a xylophone.
– I saw he were playing maracas.
– The bell has rung for a long time.
– He played a tune on his harmonica.
– He plays blues on the accordion.
– Epstein asked for the band name to appear on the bass drum.
– He could hear the thrum of a banjo.
– Those low notes are played by the double bass.
– She played the cello with the polish of a much older musician.
– I don’t know how to play a violin.
– He keyed the piano up to a concert pitch.
– The band played the guitar while we danced.
– I am learning bass guitar and it goes everywhere with me.
– I like playing conga.
– The music adds a second violin line and a snare drum cadence.
Drums/ Drum set
He has already bought a drum set.