Synonyms for NERVOUS!! Are you upset to find any other ways to say NERVOUS in English? Let’s check the list of NERVOUS synonyms below.
Nervous Definition and Examples
Meaning of Nervous: A state that is felt internally characterizing heightened excitement or apprehension. It is usually felt in the midst of uncertainty or fear. It is a precursor to full-blown fear response and anxiety.
- “With the exams approaching and his desire to do well, he was becoming increasingly nervous.”
- “It is natural to be nervous when faced with a situation that demands success but has a high risk of failure.”
- “Suddenly not know what course to take such a life,nervous, sensitive and busy.”
List of Synonyms for NERVOUS
Widely-used synonyms for “nervous”.
Big list of 95+ different words to use instead of “nervous”.
- Ill at ease
- In a tizzy
- Keyed up
- Stressed out
- Worked up
- Wrought up
NERVOUS Synonyms with Examples
For instance: He’s a very tense person.
For instance: His presence made her feel uneasy.
For instance: Her voice sounded shaky on the phone.
For instance: I felt jittery before going on stage.
For instance: Calm down! Don’t get so agitated.
For instance: She’s always been an edgy type of person.
For instance: Relax! You’re getting too uptight about it.
For instance: Jim seemed a bit jumpy.
For instance: She was deeply apprehensive about her future.
For instance: You get fidgety if you’ve nothing to do.
For instance: He was too upset to be rational.
For instance: She arrived late, looking hot and flustered.
For instance: William looked a little perturbed.
For instance: She dimly realized that she was trembling.
More interesting examples with the word “nervous”
- “They suffered from nervous tension when the signal was shown on a radarscope.”
- “Balloons make me nervous – I hate it when they burst.”
- “She felt nervous, increasingly lacking in confidence about herself.”
- “You can tell how nervous she is by the way her fingers worry at the edge of the tablecloth.”
- “Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating and incurable disease of the nervous system.”
- “These events left her on the verge of having a nervous breakdown.”
- “His wife would not be able to cope and might suffer a nervous breakdown.”
- “She was so nervous about her exams that she couldn’t sleep.”
- “Certain chemicals can induce undesirable changes in the nervous system.”
Synonyms for NERVOUS | Image