Happy New Year! List of useful New Year’s Eve vocabulary words with pictures and examples. Learn these New Year words to improve your English.
New Year’s Eve, the last day of the year, is on December 31 which is the seventh day of the Christmas season. In many countries, New Year’s Eve is celebrated at evening social gatherings, where many people dance, eat, drink alcoholic beverages, and watch or light fireworks to mark the new year. The celebrations generally go on past midnight into New Year’s Day, 1 January.
Happy New Year!
New Year Vocabulary Words
- Party hat
- Party favor
New Year’s Words with Pictures and Examples
– The fireworks looked very splendid against the dark sky.
– The countdown to the election has already begun.
– This party hat is too small for me.
– The firecracker didn’t go off.
– Champagne was fizzing in the glass.
– The winning team was showered with confetti.
– She wore a mask over her face.
– The sand has run out of the hourglass.
– Can you blow up this balloon?
– He handed out the party favors as we were leaving.
– We tied balloons and streamers to the ceiling ready for the party.
– Have you sent your mother a postcard yet?
New Year Words | Image
Holidays and Special Events
Useful list of holidays and special events in English.
- New year words with pictures.
- Christmas words in English.
- Easter words with images.
- Halloween words in English.
- Birthday vocabulary words with pictures.
- Wedding words and marriage vocabulary.
- Summer words in English.
- Valentine words in English.
Learn Easter words, New year and Christmas words with American English pronunciation.