Learn Common Noun & Noun Collocations in English (From P to W).
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Package holiday
- 2 Panic attack
- 3 Parking ticket
- 4 Peer group
- 5 Personality disorder
- 6 Personnel carrier
- 7 Pipe bomb
- 8 Pork barrel
- 9 Position paper
- 10 Post office
- 11 Power politics
- 12 Pressure group
- 13 Price competition
- 14 Probation officer
- 15 Production cost
- 16 Production line
- 17 Profit margin
- 18 Property right
- 19 Quality of life
- 20 Rental income
- 21 Report card
- 22 Return address
- 23 Return flight
- 24 Road rage
- 25 Road safety
- 26 Room for improvement
- 27 Root cause
- 28 Root crop
- 29 Savings bond
- 30 School day
- 31 Search warrant
- 32 Security blanket
- 33 Security forces
- 34 Sense of direction
- 35 Service charge
- 36 Service industry
- 37 Shock therapy
- 38 Shorthand typist
- 39 Shoulder strap
- 40 Single entry
- 41 Small-town girl
- 42 Soup kitchen
- 43 Speed limit
- 44 Sports car
- 45 Stag night
- 46 Study hall
- 47 Stun gun
- 48 Suicide bombing
- 49 Summit meeting
- 50 Surround sound
- 51 Tax break
- 52 Tax shelter
- 53 Term paper
- 54 Testing ground
- 55 Trade route
- 56 Trading floor
- 57 Transfer agent
- 58 Trial court
- 59 Trial lawyer
- 60 Voting booth
- 61 Voting machine
- 62 Voting right
- 63 War crime
- 64 War game
- 65 Water cannon
- 66 Word blindness
- 67 Word salad
- The company was the first to offer package holidays to tourists.
- There may also be panic attacks and a history of attempted suicide.
- I came back to find a parking ticket on the windscreen.
- She was rejected by her peer group.
- These two personality disorders are analogous in their erratic and aggressive behavior.
- It says that only four damaged armored personnel carriers can be returned.
- I just kept hearing all the gunshots and the pipe bombs.
- Client politics and pork barrel politics are associated with constituency work.
- Cummins prepared a position paper at that meeting laying out his arguments.
- I work in the reservation post office.
Common Noun & Noun Collocations in English | Image 1
- The last month has been a portrait in the new power politics.
- They were up against a powerful pressure group.
- The result has been intense price competition that has hastened a shakeout.
- He worked as a senior probation officer and was born in 1942.
- A simple production that could easily sell to cover the production cost.
- The company has added production lines at its mills and joint ventures.
- The decline is like manna from heaven for corporate profit margins.
- The initial assignment of property rights determines who builds the fence.
Quality of life
- He had a quality of life that no one could have wanted.
- It too counts on rental income for most of its earnings.
- His father signed his report card.
- The letter arrived in a white envelope with no return address.
- It was in his return flight that things began to get awkward.
- Climbing out of the cockpit, he was the picture of road rage.
- Road safety is taught to young children to avoid road accidents.
Room for improvement
- We can see there is a whole lot of room for improvement.
- It is the root cause of divisions and conflict in our country.
- The main food crops are corn, yams, cassava and other root crops.
- Savings bonds can also be used to help defer college education costs.
- The school day is divided into seven periods.
- This mail cannot be opened by postal inspectors without a search warrant.
- I want Benjamin to grow up with his own grandparent security blanket.
- Members of the security forces never aimed their actions against citizens.
Sense of direction
- They have a good sense of direction to enable them to return.
- A four per cent service charge will be levied on all loans.
- The food service industry was meant to run on minimum wage.
- He was a supporter of electric shock therapy and taught its use.
- His college offered to train him as a piano tuner, a lathe operator or a Braille shorthand typist.
- It is worn with a shoulder strap and sits on the hip.
Common Noun & Noun Collocations in English | Image 2
- His new visa is for single entry and valid only for one week.
- Only in Manhattan can a small-town girl from Montana meet a guy from New Zealand.
- Some were lucky enough to catch a meal at a soup kitchen.
- They said he was exceeding the speed limit on the curve.
- My friend really love sports car.
- We couldn’t organise a stag night in a brewery!
- They held a study hall in the room with the biggest window.
- He was shocked with a stun gun as many as 21 times.
- They gave him two vests for suicide bombing, officials said.
- I have two suggestions for the summit meeting organizers.
- Surround sound has been around in movie theaters and at homes for decades.
- The vehicle for this tax break is the charitable remainder trust.
- The tax shelter benefits result in a tax incidence disadvantaging the poor.
- I hardly think we have a term paper on our hands.
- The defense budget could become a testing ground for that new power.
- I want to look at free agency but also the trade route.
- An existing floor will also be converted to become a trading floor.
- I understand that transfer agents are employed to handle shareholder records.
- They were brought to the trial court because of their criminal actions.
- The trial lawyers have political muscle to back up their motivations.
- We have got to get people out to the voting booth.
- She returned in a few minutes with a portable electronic voting machine.
- He delegated his voting right to his secretary.
- They were supposed to be removed and tried for war crimes.
- The war games are conducted with live ammunition and heavy military machines.
- Police massed in the city and turned water cannons on the crowd.
- He believed that word blindness was the result of lesions to the left angular and supramarginal gyri.
- I can see few if any useful edits, but several page blankings and insertions of word salad.