Learn common Noun and Noun Collocations in English (From A to C).
Common Noun and Noun Collocations (A-C)
Abuse of power
- It all had to do with an abuse of power and politics.
- She became an account executive and writer at a government agency.
- Many of the big accounting firms declined to comment for this article.
- Options are only part of an accounting system in deep trouble.
- I love watching action movies.
- An advertising agency buys advertising time in 100 markets for an advertiser.
- Visitors can try their hands at shotguns, pistols, rifles and air guns.
- There was no immediate word on casualties from the air raid.
- The boys were either altar boys or students at the parish’s school.
- In the antitrust case, Windows 98 was a central character.
- The judge has yet to assess whether the firm breached antitrust laws.
- The arms buildup will continue, reminding Taiwan of the heavy cost of independence.
- Soldiers with assault rifles were patrolling the main streets of town.
- The auction house is even getting dealers to help find them buyers.
- Sales at some other large auto makers fell or were flat.
- They plan to ask auto manufacturers what they can do better.
- He tries quietly to get the bank draft from her.
- The bank rate is pegged to the upper end of that range.
Bars of soap
- I’d like to buy two bars of soap please.
- Basim was exposed to the beauty industry through his family.
- They have been to the beauty parlor and had their hair done.
- These shower caps are used in beauty salons all over the world.
- I often go to the beauty shop on the weekend.
- Do you know any nice bed – and – breakfasts in the area.
- A bench warrant was issued for his arrest when he did not appear.
- Currently, only the best aggregate bid price and ask price are listed.
- He falsified his birth certificate to get a passport.
- He called for block grants of federal funds to local school districts.
- We often play board games together.
- Roberts was left with the standard body armor, which offers less protection.
- It started this process of her being my body double on some deep level.
- Engineers are inspecting the find with caution in case of booby traps.
- In boot camp they tear them down to build them back up.
- One of our principles is border security.
- The product with the better-known brand name will always sell better.
- The market is made by a small army of brokerage firms.
- Tien has suffered budget cuts throughout his six-year tenure.
- You cannot cut a budget deficit simply by raising taxes.
- Some building codes allow the discharge pipe to terminate in the garage.
- If a bird feeder is a structure, it requires a building permit.
- There was another reason for the bull market for the networks.
- He would like to put the bully back in the bully pulpit.
- Let us not rely too much on loans to support business activities.
- This is typically done to solve some business enterprise requirement.
- He will work with Australian and Iraqi companies and with business organizations.
- All our political and business sectors have been called upon to change.
- It rained the whole time; we were sideswiped by a cable car.
- Adam had a job at a call center during his college years.
- Investors buy call options when they expect the underlying stock to rise.
- The new tax law also includes a capital gains tax cut.
- A foreign car manufacturer is expected to be among the sponsors.
Car park (U.K.)
- I’m looking for a car park.
- You just have to make up case law as you go along.
- It turned out to be a case study in how to win.
- The company now owns the ABC television network, a cash cow.
- It allows us to study how dry the catchment areas can get.
- A real live cattle drive is making its way right down Main Street in Pleasanton.
- It was a cause celebre in liberal political and social circles.
- The ceasefire agreement came into effect at 11am.
- They are accepted at all locations that accept the issuing charge cards.
- She really loves cheese cake.
- Child care centers don’t necessarily hire the most qualified teachers.
- We do not have a contract for fees for this class action.
- They broke the rules and flew their 100th combat mission together over Vietnam.
- For all, it is their first duty in a potential combat zone.
- We cannot afford to have anyone operating in a comfort zone.
- The claim of comfort food is simply that it hits the spot.
- He also established a grain and commodity brokerage in 1980.
- He was responding to the impact on architecture of modern communications technology.
- Personal computer businesses could have a slightly harder time of it.
- I admire the fact that she is a conviction politician.
- Education has been a core value since the dawn of the nation.
- It was not an important corporate finance tool until the late 1980s.
- The mother was also drafted into this cottage industry as piano accompanist.
- We had to be able to pass an audit by credit bureaus.
- Her credit union does not levy a maintenance fee on her account.
- I didn’t want to go through the custody battle.
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Image 1
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Image 2
Collocation Examples For English Learners
List of 2500+ Common Collocations in English.