Noun Noun Combinations
Noun + Noun Collocations (A)
List of noun and noun combinations that start with A.
Abuse of power
- It all had to do with an abuse of power and politics.
- She became an account executive and writer at a government agency.
- Many of the big accounting firms declined to comment for this article.
- Options are only part of an accounting system in deep trouble.
- I love watching action movies.
- An advertising agency buys advertising time in 100 markets for an advertiser.
- Visitors can try their hands at shotguns, pistols, rifles and air guns.
- There was no immediate word on casualties from the air raid.
- The boys were either altar boys or students at the parish’s school.
- In the antitrust case, Windows 98 was a central character.
- The judge has yet to assess whether the firm breached antitrust laws.
- The arms buildup will continue, reminding Taiwan of the heavy cost of independence.
- Soldiers with assault rifles were patrolling the main streets of town.
- The auction house is even getting dealers to help find them buyers.
- Sales at some other large auto makers fell or were flat.
- They plan to ask auto manufacturers what they can do better.
Noun and Noun Collocations (B)
List of noun and noun combinations that start with B.
- He tries quietly to get the bank draft from her.
- The bank rate is pegged to the upper end of that range.
Bars of soap
- I’d like to buy two bars of soap please.
- Basim was exposed to the beauty industry through his family.
- They have been to the beauty parlor and had their hair done.
- These shower caps are used in beauty salons all over the world.
- I often go to the beauty shop on the weekend.
- Do you know any nice bed – and – breakfasts in the area.
- A bench warrant was issued for his arrest when he did not appear.
- Currently, only the best aggregate bid price and ask price are listed.
- He falsified his birth certificate to get a passport.
- He called for block grants of federal funds to local school districts.
- We often play board games together.
- Roberts was left with the standard body armor, which offers less protection.
- It started this process of her being my body double on some deep level.
- Engineers are inspecting the find with caution in case of booby traps.
- In boot camp they tear them down to build them back up.
- One of our principles is border security.
- The product with the better-known brand name will always sell better.
- The market is made by a small army of brokerage firms.
- Tien has suffered budget cuts throughout his six-year tenure.
- You cannot cut a budget deficit simply by raising taxes.
- Some building codes allow the discharge pipe to terminate in the garage.
- If a bird feeder is a structure, it requires a building permit.
- There was another reason for the bull market for the networks.
- He would like to put the bully back in the bully pulpit.
- Let us not rely too much on loans to support business activities.
- This is typically done to solve some business enterprise requirement.
- He will work with Australian and Iraqi companies and with business organizations.
- All our political and business sectors have been called upon to change.
Noun + Noun Collocations (C)
List of noun and noun combinations that start with C.
- It rained the whole time; we were sideswiped by a cable car.
- Adam had a job at a call center during his college years.
- Investors buy call options when they expect the underlying stock to rise.
- The new tax law also includes a capital gains tax cut.
- A foreign car manufacturer is expected to be among the sponsors.
Car park (U.K.)
- I’m looking for a car park.
- You just have to make up case law as you go along.
- It turned out to be a case study in how to win.
- The company now owns the ABC television network, a cash cow.
- It allows us to study how dry the catchment areas can get.
- A real live cattle drive is making its way right down Main Street in Pleasanton.
- It was a cause celebre in liberal political and social circles.
- The ceasefire agreement came into effect at 11am.
- They are accepted at all locations that accept the issuing charge cards.
- She really loves cheese cake.
- Child care centers don’t necessarily hire the most qualified teachers.
- We do not have a contract for fees for this class action.
- They broke the rules and flew their 100th combat mission together over Vietnam.
- For all, it is their first duty in a potential combat zone.
- We cannot afford to have anyone operating in a comfort zone.
- The claim of comfort food is simply that it hits the spot.
- He also established a grain and commodity brokerage in 1980.
- He was responding to the impact on architecture of modern communications technology.
- Personal computer businesses could have a slightly harder time of it.
- I admire the fact that she is a conviction politician.
- Education has been a core value since the dawn of the nation.
- It was not an important corporate finance tool until the late 1980s.
- The mother was also drafted into this cottage industry as piano accompanist.
- We had to be able to pass an audit by credit bureaus.
- Her credit union does not levy a maintenance fee on her account.
- I didn’t want to go through the custody battle.
Noun Noun Collocations (D)
List of noun and noun combinations that start with D.
- Vince has been convinced ever since that it was date rape.
- She worked the day shift, returning home late in the afternoon.
- We must ensure that the quartering areas do not become death camps.
- Benefit gets duty, salary duty, property tax, death tax.
- In the end, he appeared to suffer from a death wish.
- Banks get paid by retailers each time a debit card is used.
- We are being ripped off on what we pay defense contractors.
- Defense lawyers said they would push for it to be closed.
- Do you know your exact departure time?
- Young people have gone away to college and taken desk jobs.
- The more technology you throw at desktop publishing, the better the results.
- Lefty Gomez Field in Fairfax is a potential site for use as an emergency flood detention basin.
- He was transferred to an immigration detention centre in May 2008.
- The discount rate stands at a record low 0 . 5 percent.
- You can usually find economical versions at grocery and discount stores.
- The total area is approximately and its drainage basin is over.
- My driving licence expires in March.
- “I’m pretty handy with a sewing machine, but duct tape sticks to itself and to other stuff,” she said.
Noun Noun Collocations (E)
List of noun and noun combinations that start with E.
- The opposition charged election fraud, but the government denied it.
- Taylor declined to speculate whether the illness could hurt the electronics industry.
- He portrayed both as key to energy security.
- We have only their failed policies and an enterprise zone in Inverclyde.
- The program was a mix of entertainment industry and celebrity news.
- After a public school education he became a real estate agent.
- I think they will do substantial estate tax relief this year.
- Evans acted as an expert witness for the defence in the case.
Noun Noun Combinations (F)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with F.
- In factory farming, the breeder hens do not stay with the chicks.
- Consumer finance companies benefited from their lean staffs and fat profit margins.
- The amounts for the emergency aid reserve and the flexibility instrument will be increased.
- The detonation of the bomb blew a hole in the flight deck.
- She always focused on ordinary foot soldiers and civilians, ignoring the generals.
- I try to contribute my part because I am a freedom fighter.
- He decreased the hours of work and increased salaries and fringe benefits.
- Most futures contracts are closed out before their delivery or expiration date.
Noun Noun Combinations (G)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with G.
- No country in the world has achieved gender equality, even though we have big initiatives and laws passed.
- The first new major gold mine in the Northern Territory in the past 10 years will begin production within the next week.
- The commission is the government agency that would police cable services.
- The boulders have already been removed and sent to government offices.
- Government security forces were responsible for extrajudicial killings, custodial deaths, disappearances, rape, and torture.
- The ground attack lasted about half an hour according to one source.
- The small group dynamic offers life-giving relationships for young people, he said.
That’s one reason I had such a hard time with group therapy.
- Forensic science is a growth industry.
- Both countries were practicing gunboat diplomacy on a grand scale.
Noun Noun Combinations (H)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with H.
- It was unclear if the device was a hand grenade or bomb.
- We interviewed the head teacher of the local school.
- I work out five days a week in a health club.
- Pippa loves skiing, so it was her first choice for a hen weekend.
- The interstate highway system paved the way for the restlessness and relocation.
- He transferred from engineering to the history department.
- The company drew up a hit list of shops it expects to close.
- Did you see that show about the hit man on TV last night?
Noun and Noun Combinations (I)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with I.
- My father experienced an identity crisis in middle age.
- The cheapest and easiest alternative is an index fund.
- He set up in business as an insurance broker.
- They get the bulk of their money from the special interest groups.
Noun Noun Combinations (J, K)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with J, K.
- The lack of jail cells is a problem across the state.
- We have faith in the jury system and must respect its verdict.
- I have plastic covered kitchen cabinets with a wood finish.
- They never go to a hospital, but they have a knowledge base.
Noun Noun Combinations (L)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with L.
- He spent a total of 38 years in prison and labor camps.
- The two groups exchanged heated words, but law officers prevented any fights.
- There are lead times of nine months on some of our components.
- She has a learning disability and is in a special education program.
- It has been a small but influential publisher of liberation theology works.
- He also offered to take a lie detector test, but was refused.
- Maybe you should consider a line item to the university budget.
- They are jacking up the liquor license all in one sum.
Noun Noun Combinations (M, N)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with M, N.
- He is charged with four counts of bribery, mail fraud and conspiracy.
- After graduation, Lee worked for the management consulting firm McKinsey & Company.
- We are moving to a market economy because we have no choice.
- Farming and market gardening continue to thrive in the area.
- Payment can be made by either by credit card or money order.
- This road is closed to motor vehicles.
- The music department would get two big practice rooms and a classroom.
- He had five muzzle loaders marked and loaded.
- It was not immediately clear who will run the new organization.
- The creators of the new show make that format sound quaint.
Noun Noun Combinations (O)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with O.
- Hotels and office blocks which once advertised waterfront views now face concrete.
- Our telephone lines are open during normal office hours.
- I like to work outdoors, but my brother prefers an office job.
- We’re talking about the antiquities of old-growth forest.
- Public opinion polls consistently show majority support for continued British rule.
- Opposition party and union leaders were more bitter in their reaction.
- Their total order books remain below normal for that time of year.
Noun Noun Combinations (P)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with P.
- The company was the first to offer package holidays to tourists.
- There may also be panic attacks and a history of attempted suicide.
- I came back to find a parking ticket on the windscreen.
- She was rejected by her peer group.
- These two personality disorders are analogous in their erratic and aggressive behavior.
- It says that only four damaged armored personnel carriers can be returned.
- I just kept hearing all the gunshots and the pipe bombs.
- Client politics and pork barrel politics are associated with constituency work.
- Cummins prepared a position paper at that meeting laying out his arguments.
- I work in the reservation post office.
- The last month has been a portrait in the new power politics.
- They were up against a powerful pressure group.
- The result has been intense price competition that has hastened a shakeout.
- He worked as a senior probation officer and was born in 1942.
- A simple production that could easily sell to cover the production cost.
- The company has added production lines at its mills and joint ventures.
- The decline is like manna from heaven for corporate profit margins.
- The initial assignment of property rights determines who builds the fence.
Noun Noun Combinations (Q, R)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with Q, R.
Quality of life
- He had a quality of life that no one could have wanted.
- It too counts on rental income for most of its earnings.
- His father signed his report card.
- The letter arrived in a white envelope with no return address.
- It was on his return flight that things began to get awkward.
- Climbing out of the cockpit, he was the picture of road rage.
- Road safety is taught to young children to avoid road accidents.
Room for improvement
- We can see there is a whole lot of room for improvement.
- It is the root cause of divisions and conflict in our country.
- The main food crops are corn, yams, cassava and other root crops.
Noun Noun Combinations (S)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with S.
- Savings bonds can also be used to help defer college education costs.
- The school day is divided into seven periods.
- This mail cannot be opened by postal inspectors without a search warrant.
- I want Benjamin to grow up with his own grandparent security blanket.
- Members of the security forces never aimed their actions against citizens.
Sense of direction
- They have a good sense of direction to enable them to return.
- A four per cent service charge will be levied on all loans.
- The food service industry was meant to run on minimum wage.
- He was a supporter of electric shock therapy and taught its use.
- His college offered to train him as a piano tuner, a lathe operator or a Braille shorthand typist.
- It is worn with a shoulder strap and sits on the hip.
- His new visa is for single entry and valid only for one week.
- Only in Manhattan can a small-town girl from Montana meet a guy from New Zealand.
- Some were lucky enough to catch a meal at a soup kitchen.
- They said he was exceeding the speed limit on the curve.
- My friend really loves sports car.
- We couldn’t organise a stag night in a brewery!
- They held a study hall in the room with the biggest window.
- He was shocked with a stun gun as many as 21 times.
- They gave him two vests for suicide bombing, officials said.
- I have two suggestions for the summit meeting organizers.
- Surround sound has been around in movie theaters and at homes for decades.
Noun Noun Combinations (T)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with T.
- The vehicle for this tax break is the charitable remainder trust.
- The tax shelter benefits result in a tax incidence disadvantaging the poor.
- I hardly think we have a term paper on our hands.
- The defense budget could become a testing ground for that new power.
- I want to look at free agency but also the trade route.
- An existing floor will also be converted to become a trading floor.
- I understand that transfer agents are employed to handle shareholder records.
- They were brought to the trial court because of their criminal actions.
- The trial lawyers have political muscle to back up their motivations.
Noun Noun Combinations (V, W)
List of noun + noun collocations that start with V, W.
- We have got to get people out to the voting booth.
- She returned in a few minutes with a portable electronic voting machine.
- He delegated his voting rights to his secretary.
- They were supposed to be removed and tried for war crimes.
- The war games are conducted with live ammunition and heavy military machines.
- Police massed in the city and turned water cannons on the crowd.
- I can see few if any useful edits, but several page blankings and insertions of word salad.
Noun + Noun Combinations | Images
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 1
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 2
List of Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 3
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 4
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 5
List of Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Nouns and Nouns Image 6