Learn common Noun + Noun Collocations in English (From A to C).
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Abuse of power
- 2 Account executive
- 3 Accounting firm
- 4 Accounting system
- 5 Action movie
- 6 Advertising agency
- 7 Air gun
- 8 Air raid
- 9 Altar boy
- 10 Antitrust case
- 11 Antitrust law
- 12 Arms buildup
- 13 Assault rifle
- 14 Auction house
- 15 Auto maker
- 16 Auto manufacturer
- 17 Bank draft
- 18 Bank rate
- 19 Bars of soap
- 20 Beauty industry
- 21 Beauty parlor
- 22 Beauty salon
- 23 Beauty shop
- 24 Bed-and-breakfast
- 25 Bench warrant
- 26 Bid price
- 27 Birth certificate
- 28 Block grant
- 29 Board game
- 30 Body armor
- 31 Body double
- 32 Booby trap
- 33 Boot camp
- 34 Border security
- 35 Brand name
- 36 Brokerage firm
- 37 Budget cut
- 38 Budget deficit
- 39 Building code
- 40 Building permit
- 41 Bull market
- 42 Bully pulpit
- 43 Business activity
- 44 Business enterprise
- 45 Business organization
- 46 Business sector
- 47 Cable car
- 48 Call center
- 49 Call option
- 50 Capital gain
- 51 Car manufacturer
- 52 Car park
- 53 Case law
- 54 Case study
- 55 Cash cow
- 56 Catchment area
- 57 Cattle drive
- 58 Cause celebre
- 59 Ceasefire agreement
- 60 Charge card
- 61 Cheese cake
- 62 Child care
- 63 Class action
- 64 Combat mission
- 65 Combat zone
- 66 Comfort zone
- 67 Comfort food
- 68 Commodity brokerage
- 69 Communications technology
- 70 Computer business
- 71 Conviction politician
- 72 Core values
- 73 Corporate finance
- 74 Cottage industry
- 75 Credit bureau
- 76 Credit union
- 77 Custody battle
Abuse of power
- It all had to do with an abuse of power and politics.
- She became an account executive and writer at a government agency.
- Many of the big accounting firms declined to comment for this article.
- Options are only part of an accounting system in deep trouble.
- I love watching action movie.
- An advertising agency buys advertising time in 100 markets for an advertiser.
- Visitors can try their hands at shotguns, pistols, rifles and air guns.
- There was no immediate word on casualties from the air raid.
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Image 1
- The boys were either altar boys or students at the parish’s school.
- In the antitrust case, Windows 98 was a central character.
- The judge has yet to assess whether the firm breached antitrust laws.
- The arms buildup will continue, reminding Taiwan of the heavy cost of independence.
- Soldiers with assault rifles were patrolling the main streets of town.
- The auction house is even getting dealers to help find them buyers.
- Sales at some other large auto makers fell or were flat.
- They plan to ask auto manufacturers what they can do better.
- He tries quietly to get the bank draft from her.
- The bank rate is pegged to the upper end of that range.
Bars of soap
- I’d like to buy two bars of soap please.
- Basim was exposed to the beauty industry through his family.
- They have been to the beauty parlor and had their hair done.
- These shower caps are used in beauty salons all over the world.
- I often go to the beauty shop at weekend.
- Do you know any nice bed – and – breakfasts in the area.
- A bench warrant was issued for his arrest when he did not appear.
- Currently, only the best aggregate bid price and ask price are listed.
- He falsified his birth certificate to get a passport.
- He called for block grants of federal funds to local school districts.
- We often play board game together.
- Roberts was left with the standard body armor, which offers less protection.
- It started this process of her being my body double on some deep level.
- Engineers are inspecting the find with caution in case of booby traps.
- In boot camp they tear them down to build them back up.
- One of our principles is border security.
- The product with the better-known brand name will always sell better.
- The market is made by a small army of brokerage firms.
- Tien has suffered budget cuts throughout his six-year tenure.
- You cannot cut a budget deficit simply by raising taxes.
- Some building codes allow the discharge pipe to terminate in the garage.
- If a bird feeder is a structure, it requires a building permit.
- There was another reason for the bull market for the networks.
- He would like to put the bully back in the bully pulpit.
- Let us not rely too much on loans to support business activities.
- This is typically done to solve some business enterprise requirement.
- He will work with Australian and Iraqi companies and with business organizations.
- All our political and business sectors have been called upon to change.
- It rained the whole time; we were sideswiped by a cable car.
- Adam had a job at a call center during his college years.
- Investors buy call options when they expect the underlying stock to rise.
- The new tax law also includes a capital gains tax cut.
Useful Noun + Noun Collocations in English | Image 2
- A foreign car manufacturer is expected to be among the sponsors.
- I’am looking for a car park.
- You just have to make up case law as you go along.
- It turned out to be a case study in how to win.
- The company now owns the ABC television network, a cash cow.
- It allows us to study how dry the catchment areas can get.
- A real live cattle drive is making its way right down Main Street in Pleasanton.
- It was a cause celebre in liberal political and social circles.
- The ceasefire agreement came into effect at 11am.
- They are accepted at all locations that accept the issuing charge cards.
- She really loves cheese cake.
- Child care centers don’t necessarily hire the most qualified teachers.
- We do not have a contract for fees for this class action.
- They broke the rules and flew their 100th combat mission together over Vietnam.
- For all, it is their first duty in a potential combat zone.
- We cannot afford to have anyone operating in a comfort zone.
- The claim of comfort food is simply that it hits the spot.
- He also established a grain and commodity brokerage in 1980.
- He was responding to the impact on architecture of modern communications technology.
- Personal computer businesses could have a slightly harder time of it.
- I admire the fact that she is a conviction politician.
- Education has been a core value since the dawn of the nation.
- It was not an important corporate finance tool until the late 1980s.
- The mother was also drafted into this cottage industry as piano accompanist.
- We had to be able to pass an audit by credit bureaus.
- Her credit union does not levy a maintenance fee on her account.
- I didn’t want to go through the custody battle.