Learn Useful Noun + Noun Combinations in English (From D to O).
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Date rape
- 2 Day shift
- 3 Death camp
- 4 Death tax
- 5 Death wish
- 6 Debit card
- 7 Defense contractor
- 8 Defense lawyer
- 9 Departure time
- 10 Desk job
- 11 Desktop publishing
- 12 Detention basin
- 13 Detention centre
- 14 Discount rate
- 15 Discount store
- 16 Drainage basin
- 17 Driving licence
- 18 Duct tape
- 19 Election fraud
- 20 Electronics industry
- 21 Energy security
- 22 Enterprise zone
- 23 Entertainment industry
- 24 Estate agent
- 25 Estate tax
- 26 Expert witness
- 27 Factory farming
- 28 Finance company
- 29 Flexibility instrument
- 30 Flight deck
- 31 Foot soldier
- 32 Freedom fighter
- 33 Fringe benefit
- 34 Futures contract
- 35 Gender equality
- 36 Gold mine
- 37 Government agency
- 38 Government office
- 39 Government security
- 40 Ground attack
- 41 Group dynamics
- 42 Group therapy
- 43 Growth industry
- 44 Gunboat diplomacy
- 45 Hand grenade
- 46 Head teacher
- 47 Health club
- 48 Hen weekend
- 49 Highway system
- 50 History department
- 51 Hit list
- 52 Hit man
- 53 Identity crisis
- 54 Index fund
- 55 Insurance broker
- 56 Interest group
- 57 Jail cell
- 58 Jury system
- 59 Kitchen cabinet
- 60 Knowledge base
- 61 Labor camp
- 62 Law officer
- 63 Lead time
- 64 Learning disability
- 65 Liberation theology
- 66 Lie detector
- 67 Line item
- 68 Liquor license
- 69 Mail fraud
- 70 Management consulting
- 71 Market economy
- 72 Market gardening
- 73 Money order
- 74 Motor vehicle
- 75 Music department
- 76 Muzzle loader
- 77 News organization
- 78 News show
- 79 Office block
- 80 Office hours
- 81 Office job
- 82 Old-growth forest
- 83 Opinion poll
- 84 Opposition party
- 85 Order book
- Vince has been convinced ever since that it was date rape.
- She worked the day shift, returning home late in the afternoon.
- We must ensure that the quartering areas do not become death camps.
- Benefit gets duty, salary duty, property tax, death tax.
- In the end, he appeared to suffer from a death wish.
- Banks get paid by retailers each time a debit card is used.
- We are being ripped off on what we pay defense contractors.
- Defense lawyers said they would push for it to be closed.
- Do you know your exact departure time?
- Young people have gone away to college and taken desk jobs.
- The more technology you throw at desktop publishing, the better the results.
- Lefty Gomez Field in Fairfax is a potential site for use as an emergency flood detention basin.
- He was transferred to an immigration detention centre in May 2008.
Useful Noun + Noun Combinations in English | Image 1
- The discount rate stands at a record low 0 . 5 percent.
- You can usually find economical versions at grocery and discount stores.
- The total area is approximately and its drainage basin is over.
- My driving licence expires in March.
- “I’m pretty handy with a sewing machine, but duct tape sticks to itself and to other stuff,” she said.
- The opposition charged election fraud, but the government denied it.
- Taylor declined to speculate whether the illness could hurt the electronics industry.
- He portrayed both as key to energy security.
- We have only their failed policies and an enterprise zone in Inverclyde.
- The program was a mix of entertainment industry and celebrity news.
- After a public school education he became a real estate agent.
- I think they will do substantial estate tax relief this year.
- Evans acted as an expert witness for the defence in the case.
- In factory farming, the breeder hens do not stay with the chicks.
- Consumer finance companies benefited from their lean staffs and fat profit margins.
- The amounts for the emergency aid reserve and the flexibility instrument will be increased.
- The detonation of the bomb blew a hole in the flight deck.
- She always focused on ordinary foot soldiers and civilians, ignoring the generals.
- I try to contribute my part because I am a freedom fighter.
- He decreased the hours of work and increased salaries and fringe benefits.
- Most futures contracts are closed out before their delivery or expiration date.
- No country in the world has achieved gender equality, even though we have big initiatives and laws passed.
- The first new major gold mine in the Northern Territory in the past 10 years will begin production within the next week.
- The commission is the government agency that would police cable services.
- The boulders have already been removed and sent to government offices.
- Government security forces were responsible for extrajudicial killings, custodial deaths, disappearances, rape, and torture.
- The ground attack lasted about half an hour according to one source.
- The small group dynamic offers life-giving relationships for young people, he said.
That’s one reason I had such a hard time with group therapy.
- Forensic science is a growth industry.
- Both countries were practicing gunboat diplomacy on a grand scale.
- It was unclear if the device was a hand grenade or bomb.
- We interviewed the head teacher of the local school.
- I work out five days a week in a health club.
- Pippa loves skiing, so it was her first choice for a hen weekend.
Useful Noun + Noun Combinations in English | Image 2
- The interstate highway system paved the way for the restlessness and relocation.
- He transferred from engineering to the history department.
- The company drew up a hit list of shops it expects to close.
- Did you see that show about the hit man on TV last night?
- My father experienced an identity crisis in middle age.
- The cheapest and easiest alternative is an index fund.
- He set up in business as an insurance broker.
- They get the bulk of their money from the special interest groups.
- The lack of jail cells is a problem across the state.
- We have faith in the jury system and must respect its verdict.
- I have plastic covered kitchen cabinets with a wood finish.
- They never go to a hospital, but they have a knowledge base.
- He spent a total of 38 years in prison and labor camps.
- The two groups exchanged heated words, but law officers prevented any fights.
- There are lead times of nine months on some of our components.
- She has a learning disability and is in a special education program.
- It has been a small but influential publisher of liberation theology works.
- He also offered to take a lie detector test, but was refused.
- Maybe you should consider a line item to the university budget.
- They are jacking up the liquor license all in one sum.
- He is charged with four counts of bribery, mail fraud and conspiracy.
- After graduation, Lee worked for the management consulting firm McKinsey & Company.
- We are moving to a market economy because we have no choice.
- Farming and market gardening continue to thrive in the area.
- Payment can be made by either by credit card or money order.
- This road is closed to motor vehicles.
- The music department would get two big practice rooms and a classroom.
- He had five muzzle loaders marked and loaded.
- It was not immediately clear who will run the new organization.
- The creators of the new show make that format sound quaint.
- Hotels and office blocks which once advertised waterfront views now face concrete.
- Our telephone lines are open during normal office hours.
- The post office job was pretty much a no-brainer.
- We’re talking about the antiquities of old-growth forest.
- Public opinion polls consistently show majority support for continued British rule.
- Opposition party and union leaders were more bitter in their reaction.
- Their total order books remain below normal for that time of year.