Learn Useful Noun and Noun Combinations in English (From D to O).
List of Noun and Noun Collocations with examples.
Useful Noun and Noun Collocations (D-O)
- Vince has been convinced ever since that it was date rape.
- She worked the day shift, returning home late in the afternoon.
- We must ensure that the quartering areas do not become death camps.
- Benefit gets duty, salary duty, property tax, death tax.
- In the end, he appeared to suffer from a death wish.
- Banks get paid by retailers each time a debit card is used.
- We are being ripped off on what we pay defense contractors.
- Defense lawyers said they would push for it to be closed.
- Do you know your exact departure time?
- Young people have gone away to college and taken desk jobs.
- The more technology you throw at desktop publishing, the better the results.
- Lefty Gomez Field in Fairfax is a potential site for use as an emergency flood detention basin.
- He was transferred to an immigration detention centre in May 2008.
- The discount rate stands at a record low 0 . 5 percent.
- You can usually find economical versions at grocery and discount stores.
- The total area is approximately and its drainage basin is over.
- My driving licence expires in March.
- “I’m pretty handy with a sewing machine, but duct tape sticks to itself and to other stuff,” she said.
- The opposition charged election fraud, but the government denied it.
- Taylor declined to speculate whether the illness could hurt the electronics industry.
- He portrayed both as key to energy security.
- We have only their failed policies and an enterprise zone in Inverclyde.
- The program was a mix of entertainment industry and celebrity news.
- After a public school education he became a real estate agent.
- I think they will do substantial estate tax relief this year.
- Evans acted as an expert witness for the defence in the case.
- In factory farming, the breeder hens do not stay with the chicks.
- Consumer finance companies benefited from their lean staffs and fat profit margins.
- The amounts for the emergency aid reserve and the flexibility instrument will be increased.
- The detonation of the bomb blew a hole in the flight deck.
- She always focused on ordinary foot soldiers and civilians, ignoring the generals.
- I try to contribute my part because I am a freedom fighter.
- He decreased the hours of work and increased salaries and fringe benefits.
- Most futures contracts are closed out before their delivery or expiration date.
- No country in the world has achieved gender equality, even though we have big initiatives and laws passed.
- The first new major gold mine in the Northern Territory in the past 10 years will begin production within the next week.
- The commission is the government agency that would police cable services.
- The boulders have already been removed and sent to government offices.
- Government security forces were responsible for extrajudicial killings, custodial deaths, disappearances, rape, and torture.
- The ground attack lasted about half an hour according to one source.
- The small group dynamic offers life-giving relationships for young people, he said.
That’s one reason I had such a hard time with group therapy.
- Forensic science is a growth industry.
- Both countries were practicing gunboat diplomacy on a grand scale.
- It was unclear if the device was a hand grenade or bomb.
- We interviewed the head teacher of the local school.
- I work out five days a week in a health club.
- Pippa loves skiing, so it was her first choice for a hen weekend.
- The interstate highway system paved the way for the restlessness and relocation.
- He transferred from engineering to the history department.
- The company drew up a hit list of shops it expects to close.
- Did you see that show about the hit man on TV last night?
- My father experienced an identity crisis in middle age.
- The cheapest and easiest alternative is an index fund.
- He set up in business as an insurance broker.
- They get the bulk of their money from the special interest groups.
- The lack of jail cells is a problem across the state.
- We have faith in the jury system and must respect its verdict.
- I have plastic covered kitchen cabinets with a wood finish.
- They never go to a hospital, but they have a knowledge base.
- He spent a total of 38 years in prison and labor camps.
- The two groups exchanged heated words, but law officers prevented any fights.
- There are lead times of nine months on some of our components.
- She has a learning disability and is in a special education program.
- It has been a small but influential publisher of liberation theology works.
- He also offered to take a lie detector test, but was refused.
- Maybe you should consider a line item to the university budget.
- They are jacking up the liquor license all in one sum.
- He is charged with four counts of bribery, mail fraud and conspiracy.
- After graduation, Lee worked for the management consulting firm McKinsey & Company.
- We are moving to a market economy because we have no choice.
- Farming and market gardening continue to thrive in the area.
- Payment can be made by either by credit card or money order.
- This road is closed to motor vehicles.
- The music department would get two big practice rooms and a classroom.
- He had five muzzle loaders marked and loaded.
- It was not immediately clear who will run the new organization.
- The creators of the new show make that format sound quaint.
- Hotels and office blocks which once advertised waterfront views now face concrete.
- Our telephone lines are open during normal office hours.
- I like to work outdoors, but my brother prefers an office job.
- We’re talking about the antiquities of old-growth forest.
- Public opinion polls consistently show majority support for continued British rule.
- Opposition party and union leaders were more bitter in their reaction.
- Their total order books remain below normal for that time of year.
Useful Noun + Noun Combinations in English | Image 1
Useful Noun + Noun Combinations in English | Image 2
Collocation Examples For English Learners
List of 2500+ Common Collocations in English.