Noun + For Collocation Examples! Learn common noun collocations with FOR in English with example sentences and ESL picture to enhance your vocabulary in English and improve your speaking skill.
Huge list of 120+ noun preposition collocations in English.
Noun + For Collocation Examples
List of Common Noun Collocations with FOR
- A check for (amount of money)
- Reason for
- Admiration for
- Advertisement for
- Approval for
- Arguments for
- Bid for
- Case for
- Credit for
- Cure for
- Demand for
- Desire for
- Fondness for
- Hatred for
- Love for
- Need for
- Preference for
- Recipe for
- Reputation for
- Respect for
- Responsibility for
- Room for
- Search for
- Talent for
- Thirst for
Noun + For Collocations with Examples
A check for (amount of money)
- Mark gave me a check for $100.
- I have no particular reason for doubting him.
- I have nothing but admiration for the way he handled a very difficult situation.
- I saw an advertisement for a teaching job in Thailand which looked interesting.
- She received approval for the proposal from the shareholders.
- There are strong arguments for and against euthanasia.
- I bid £3 000 for the painting.
- The report makes out a strong case for spending more money on hospitals.
- At least give her credit for trying.
- There is no known cure for this type of snake bite.
- The demand for this new generation of mobile phone cannot be satisfied.
- She felt a surge of love and desire for him.
- I have a fondness for expensive chocolate.
- He felt nothing but hatred for his attacker.
- I couldn’t hide my love for her any longer.
- There is a real need for discipline in this class.
- Many people expressed a strong preference for the original plan.
- His plans are a recipe for disaster.
- I’m aware of John’s reputation for being late.
- I have a deep respect for my grandmother.
- They have responsibility for ensuring that the rules are enforced.
- Is there enough room for us in the car?
- I did an Internet search for free music sites.
- His talent for singing was impressive.
- The children in this deprived area show a real thirst for learning.
Common Noun Collocations with FOR | Image
Noun Collocation Examples
Learn useful list of common nouns & preposition collocations to improve your spoken English.
- Noun + Preposition TO
- Noun + Preposition WITH
- Noun + Preposition FOR
- Noun + Preposition OF
- Noun + Preposition IN
Learn more with big list of 2500+ common collocations in English.
Last Updated on April 3, 2020