Learn frequently used Noun + Preposition Combinations – the preposition FOR
List of Noun Preposition Collocations – the Preposition FOR.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 A check for (amount of money)
- 2 Reason for
- 3 Admiration for
- 4 Advertisement for
- 5 Approval for
- 6 Arguments for
- 7 Bid for
- 8 Case for
- 9 Credit for
- 10 Cure for
- 11 Demand for
- 12 Desire for
- 13 Fondness for
- 14 Hatred for
- 15 Love for
- 16 Need for
- 17 Preference for
- 18 Recipe for
- 19 Reputation for
- 20 Respect for
- 21 Responsibility for
- 22 Room for
- 23 Search for
- 24 Talent for
- 25 Thirst for
A check for (amount of money)
- Mark gave me a check for $100.
- I have no particular reason for doubting him.
- I have nothing but admiration for the way he handled a very difficult situation.
- I saw an advertisement for a teaching job in Thailand which looked interesting.
- She received approval for the proposal from the shareholders.
- There are strong arguments for and against euthanasia.
- I bid £3 000 for the painting.
- The report makes out a strong case for spending more money on hospitals.
Noun + Preposition Combinations – the Preposition FOR | Image 1.
- At least give her credit for trying.
- There is no known cure for this type of snake bite.
- The demand for this new generation of mobile phone cannot be satisfied.
- She felt a surge of love and desire for him.
- I have a fondness for expensive chocolate.
- He felt nothing but hatred for his attacker.
- I couldn’t hide my love for her any longer.
- There is a real need for discipline in this class.
- Many people expressed a strong preference for the original plan.
- His plans are a recipe for disaster.
- I’m aware of John’s reputation for being late.
Noun + Preposition Combinations – the Preposition FOR | Image 2.
- I have a deep respect for my grandmother.
- They have responsibility for ensuring that the rules are enforced.
- Is there enough room for us in the car?
- I did an Internet search for free music sites.
- His talent for singing was impressive.
- The children in this deprived area show a real thirst for learning.