What are nouns that start with R? A noun is an important part of speech for it forms the basic building blocks of a sentence. The absence of a noun will defy the purpose of communication because objects and subjects can not exist.
Nouns that Start with R
What Are Nouns that Start with R?
In simple terms, a noun is a naming word used to identify a person, animal, place, thing, emotion, and more. Here are the nouns that start with the eighteenth letter of the English alphabet, the letter R.
Nouns that Start with R | Image 1
Common Nouns That Start with R
|I saw a cute rabbit in the park this morning.
|The marathon race begins at dawn.
|Can you hand me that tool from the top rack, please?
|The radar showed a massive storm approaching.
|The car’s radiator was damaged in the accident.
|The radio is playing my favorite song right now.
|We built a raft to float down the river.
|His temper was so bad, he would often fly into a rage.
|The railroad runs right through the center of town.
|The rain was coming down in sheets, making it difficult to see the road.
|A rainbow appeared in the sky after the rain stopped.
|The employees were thrilled to receive a raise after a year of hard work.
|I need to use the rake to clean up the yard before the party.
|The rally in support of equal rights drew thousands of participants from across the country.
|The farmer added a new ram to his flock of sheep.
|The skateboarders were practicing on the ramp.
|The cattle ranch covers thousands of acres.
|The mountain range was covered in snow.
|She was promoted to the rank of captain.
|He’s a rapper and performs at clubs and festivals.
|A rat scurried across the kitchen floor.
|The interest rate on the loan was too high.
|The ratio of students to teachers was 20:1.
|The baby’s toy made a loud rattle.
|The sun’s rays shone through the window.
|He shaved his beard using a razor.
|The ball was just out of reach.
|His reaction to the news was one of shock.
|The army was in a state of readiness for any attack.
|The reality of the situation was harsh.
|She worked in the realm of finance.
|The basketball bounced off the rim and into the player’s hands for a rebound.
|Don’t forget to get a receipt for your purchase.
|The receiver caught the football for a touchdown.
|The wedding reception was held at a fancy hotel.
|Can you share your recipe for that delicious cake?
|The actor received recognition for his outstanding performance.
|The gun had a powerful recoil when fired.
|The athlete broke the world record for the mile run.
|The patient made a full recovery after surgery.
|The park offers a variety of recreation opportunities.
|The recruitment team was impressed by the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
|Recycling paper helps to save trees and reduce waste.
|I like the color red.
|The reduction in staff led to longer wait times for customers.
|The referee made a controversial call during the game.
Abstract Nouns That Start with R
|The radiance of the sunset was breathtaking.
|Her rage was evident in the way she slammed the door.
|The randomness of the selection process made it unfair.
|The rapport between the two musicians was evident on stage.
|His rationality helped him make clear decisions.
|The reality of the situation was difficult to accept.
|Her words of reassurance helped calm his nerves.
|The receptivity of the audience was amazing.
|The reciprocity of the relationship was what made it work.
|The recognition for her hard work was well-deserved.
|His rectitude in the face of temptation was admirable.
|The redundancy in her speech was annoying.
|The reflection of the trees in the lake was stunning.
|The refinement of her taste in art was evident in her collection.
|She held him in high regard for his generosity.
|The regret in his voice was palpable.
|The rejoicing in the streets after the victory was infectious.
|The relaxation of a warm bath after a long day was heavenly.
|The reliability of the car made it a good choice.
|The relief on her face after the exam was over was priceless.
|The remembrance of his father’s words guided him in life.
|The Renaissance period was a time of great cultural growth.
|The renewal of their vows was a beautiful ceremony.
|The repose of the park was a welcome respite from the city noise.
|The repression of emotions can lead to negative consequences.
|The reprieve from the heat was a refreshing change.
|The repudiation of his ideas hurt his feelings.
|The repulsion towards spiders is a common phobia.
|Her reputation as a hard worker preceded her.
|The resilience of the community in the face of disaster was admirable.
|The resistance of the material to wear and tear made it durable.
|His resolution to finish the project on time was unwavering.
|The resonance of the guitar filled the room.
|The respect he showed for his elders was admirable.
|Her responsiveness to his needs made him feel appreciated.
|The rest he got after the long hike was much-needed.
|His restraint in the face of provocation was impressive.
|The retaliation for the insult only made things worse.
|The retreat to the mountains was a peaceful escape.
|The revelation of the truth changed everything.
|The reverence for nature was evident in his art.
|The revival of interest in classic literature was welcomed.
|The revolution brought about many changes in society.
|The reward for his hard work was a promotion.
|The rhythm of the music made her want to dance.
|His righteousness in the face of corruption was inspiring.
|The rigor of the scientific method ensured accuracy.
|The risk of failure was worth taking to achieve success.
|The robustness of the system ensured its reliability.
|The romance of the city lights made for a perfect date.
|The royalty of the king was evident in his regal demeanor.
Related: Abstract Nouns
Positive Nouns That Start with R
|The radiance of the sunrise was breathtaking.
|We were lucky enough to see a rainbow after the rain.
|The collector’s item was a rarity and worth a fortune.
|She felt a sense of rapture when she heard the good news.
|The decision was made based on sound rationality.
|The doctor’s reassurance helped ease her anxiety.
|He received recognition for his outstanding work.
|There was a sense of reciprocity in their friendship.
|She made a full recovery after the surgery.
|The new design had a refinement that the old one lacked.
|The hotel provided complimentary refreshments to its guests in the form of coffee, tea, and snacks.
|She held him in high regard for his honesty.
|The forest has begun to show signs of regeneration.
|There was much rejoicing when the team won the championship.
|The massage brought her a sense of relaxation and calm.
|The car had a reputation for its reliability and durability.
|The medicine brought her relief from the pain.
|The memorial was built in remembrance of the fallen.
|The new year brings a sense of renewal and fresh starts.
|Her resilience in the face of adversity was inspiring.
|She had the resolve to overcome any obstacle in her way.
|His resourcefulness in finding a solution was impressive.
|The teacher demanded respect from her students.
|The restoration of the old building was a success.
|The discovery of the lost treasure was a revelation.
|The community held a sense of reverence for the historic monument.
|The richness of the flavors in the dish was impressive.
|He had a strong sense of righteousness and justice.
|The system had a robustness that could handle high volumes of data.
|The romantic gesture brought tears to her eyes.
|The rosiness of her cheeks indicated good health.
|The king and queen were the embodiment of royalty.
Proper Nouns That Start with R
- Rio de Janeiro
- River Thames
- Red Sea
- Rocky Mountains
Related: Proper Nouns
List of Nouns that Start with R
Nouns that Start with R with their Meanings
- Rabbit – also called bunny, hare, or cottontail, it is a small long-eared mammal of the family Leporidae
- Race – a contest or a running competition that determines a winner based on speed
- Radio – a device that converts sound into electromagnetic waves to send, receive, or broadcast information
- Rain – a downpour of water or other substance from the atmosphere
- Rate – a proportion or a specific measure with respect to another
- Rating – an assigned score or grade
- Ratio – a portion related to a whole
- Reaction – a specific response to a certain situation or event
- Reader – it refers to a person who reads
- Reality – the existence, actuality, or quality of being true
- Reason – the cause or explanation for an action or event that occurs
- Recipe – a recorded instruction to do or make something, especially food
- Record – it refers to a permanent file of something
- Recovery – the recuperation or return of something, especially health
- Reference – a citation or mention of a source of information
- Region – an area or division within a larger area
- Registration – a certificate that attests to a specific enrollment or booking, especially in motor vehicles
- Relationship – the way in which two people, things, or concepts are connected
- Relief – a feeling of relaxation from any type of discomfort
- Religion – a system of faith or worship that stems from the belief in a higher power
- Replacement – the substitute that takes the place of another
- Report – a verbal or written account based on collected information
- Request – an appeal, plea, or petition
- Research – the findings or analysis acquired from a systematic investigation
- Resistance – one’s refusal over something
- Resolution – a firm decision or determination do or not to do something
- Resort – a popular destination for relaxation, recreation, or vacation
- Resource – an asset necessary for the operation of something
- Respect – a feeling of esteem or admiration for someone or something
- Response – a verbal or written reaction to a specific stimulus
- Responsibility – a duty or obligation toward someone or something
- Rest – it refers to sleep or relaxation
- Restaurant – a place of business where food and beverages are served
- Result – the effect or outcome of an action
- Revenue – the substantial income of a company or organization
- Review – a formal examination, assessment, or evaluation of something
- Right – something that is morally good, acceptable, or correct
- Ring – it refers to a small circular band typically worn around the finger
- Risk – the possible exposure to harm or danger
- River – a stream of water that flows into another body of water
- Road – a pathway that leads a person from one place to another
- Rock – a solid mass that forms part of the earth’s surface
- Role – an actor’s part in a movie or play
- Room – a space in a house or building enclosed with several walls
- Root – the part of a plant that is attached to the ground
- Round – a circular object or substance
- Route – a course that gets one from a starting point to a destination
- Row – a number of people or things arranged in a line
- Rule – a set of regulations or principles that governs an area or place
Nouns that Start with R | Image
Nouns that Start with R | Image 2
Resources Related to R Nouns
Explore more nouns that start with…
Last Updated on November 2, 2023