The acronym “nry” is one that you will most likely encounter people using quite often across the internet and in text messages since it represents a common everyday phrase. Here you will find out the meaning of this acronym, information regarding its origin if such information is available, and some other alternative meanings if there are any to be found. You will also see the acronym used properly in some conversation examples to help you gain an even better understanding. Finally, you will discover some words or phrases that can be used interchangeably for the phrase this acronym represents that still convey the same meaning.
What Does “NRY” Mean?
This acronym is used to represent the phrase “not ready yet.” It is used to tell someone that something or someone else is not prepared or not finished as of the present time.
Origin of “NRY”
There is no specific origin information available regarding this acronym or the phrase that it represents. One can deduce that since the phrase this acronym represents is used as a part of everyday speech, the phrase was shortened to this acronym to make it easier, quicker, and more convenient to type in an online conversation or text messages.
There are currently no other known meanings of this acronym.
A text message exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: How is the history project coming along? Do you need me to come back over this weekend and help you finish it or is it done already? Remember, it is due this Monday!
- Friend 2: I know it is due this Monday, but no it is nry. It needs some finishing touches to make it perfect. If you could come back over this weekend that would be great, but if you can’t, I can finish it up on my own.
- Friend 1: I can come back over. I don’t have anything planned and I need a good grade on this project so I am willing to do whatever I need to do to make sure it is completed on time.
An online conversation between two game players on a gaming forum.
- User 1: Has anyone heard when another new update is coming out for Minecraft?
- User 2: They said it was supposed to happen last month but that it is nry. I guess that it will be released sometime this month.
- User 1: Okay, thank you for the information. I had heard that it was supposed to roll out last month and became concerned because mine never updated. I thought it was something wrong on my end, but now I know differently.
Synonyms of “NRY”
There are several phrases that you can use to replace the phrase that this acronym represents and still maintain the same meaning. Some of the other phrases you could use to say “not ready yet” include:
- not prepared yet
- not done yet
- not completed yet