The internet slang term NSA may often be seen online in various different contexts, but what is the meaning of this term? We are going to look at the meaning as well as looking at some examples of conversations in which the slang term might feature. We are also going to find out where this term came from in the first place.
What Does NSA Mean?
The slang term found on the internet, NSA means “no strings attached” and refers to a romantic or sexual relationship of a very casual nature.
Origin of NSA
The internet slang term NSA originally began within dating sites and apps as a way of telling someone that you were only interested in a brief and casual encounter.
There are no other meanings for the slang term NSA.
When looking online, especially in an internet dating capacity, you may be likely to stumble across the term NSA in a conversation, here are some examples to further show its use.
The first conversation is happening between two female friends over email.
- Person 1: “I tried that dating app you suggested to me.”
- Person 2: “What did you think?”
- Person 1: “It’s good for people who want something NSA but that’s not what I’m looking for.”
The next conversation is taking place between two people on a dating site.
- Person 1: “I have to let you know from the start that I am not looking for anything serious.”
- Person 2: “That’s fine, I’m not either.”
- Person 1: “OK, so we could meet up with NSA.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are other ways in which you can express the meaning of the term NSA, let’s take a look at different things you could say which mean the same thing.
- no strings
- casual hook up