Numbers in Words! How to write numbers in words with examples and useful number charts. One of the most essential parts of learning another language is to have a good grasp on the numbers. It is not only important to be able to know their names and the digits but also how they are spelt. By adding numbers to your vocabulary, you will greatly improve your ability to communicate effectively, after all numbers are around us every day.
In this section, you will learn the names and terms associated with numbers in the English language.
Numbers in Words
In English, a number is a mathematical object used to count, measure, and label. It is important to use number words correctly in everyday language and communication. In this lesson, you will learn how to tell cardinal numbers, ordinal numbers, thousands, decimal numbers, fractions and other basic Maths symbols in English.
How to Write Numbers in Words
– Read as: Thirty two percent
10m x 3m
– Read as: Ten metres by three metres
– Read as: Eight point three
– Read as: Two dollars, sixty-six cents
– Read as: Three squared
– Read as: Two cubed
– Read as: Two to the power of four
– Read as: A half / One half
– Read as: Three quarters
– Read as: Two thirds
– Read as: One and a half
– Read as: Nineteen seventy-five
– Read as: Two thousand and one
– Read as: Two-six-three, three-eight-four-seven
– Read as: One million, three hundred and twenty-five thousand, four hundred seventy-six
– Read as: Twenty six degrees
– Read as: Twenty-first
– Read as: Ninety-second
– Read as: Fifty-third
– Read as: Sixty-seventh
Learn these examples of numbers to words to improve your Math vocabulary in English.