You may have heard the frequently used term ‘okey dokey’ many times in English conversation, but what exactly is the meaning of this phrase? We are going to take a look at the meaning and find out where the term originally came from. We are also going to look at ways in which you can use the phrase in conversation.
“Okey Dokey” Meaning
The meaning of the term ‘okey dokey’ is simply OK. It is a way of affirming something that has just been said.
Origin of this idiom
“Okey Dokey” Examples
Examples in Statements
This is a statement being made by a teacher to his class.
- ‘Okey dokey class, let’s get on with the test, shall we.’
Here is a statement being made by one co-worker to another.
- ‘He asked me to complete his work for the day and I felt so bad that I just said okey dokey and did it for him.’
You may be wondering how you can use the term ‘okey dokey’ in your everyday conversations. Here are some examples to show you how it can be used.
The first conversation is happening between a mother and her teenage son.
- Person 1: “My friends are all going to the park this afternoon, can I join them?”
- Person 2: “Okey dokey, as long as you are back for dinner tonight.”
This next conversation is taking place between two friends.
- Person 1: “We need a selection of drinks for the party tonight.”
- Person 2: “If you write a list for me, I will go to the shop and get them.”
- Person 1: “Okey dokey, just give me a moment and I will do it.”
Other Ways to Say “Okey Dokey”
There are many other ways in which you can express the meaning of the term ‘okey dokey’ using other wording.
Here are some examples of other things you can say which carry the same meaning.
- Alrighty then
- We’re gonna
Okey Dokey | Picture
Last Updated on December 17, 2020