The slang acronym “OOTD” is one you may see used frequently if you spend a great deal of time on sites where people post a lot of pictures. If you have come across this acronym and were wondering what it could possibly represent, then you have come to the right spot. Here you will find the phrase that it most likely represents, information about its origin, and some other meanings it could have in more specific situations. Some example conversations are given to you here as well so you can see how this phrase is used properly in context. Lastly, you will see some other phrases that you can use in place of the most commonly represented phrase while still conveying the same meaning.
What Does OOTD
This slang acronym is used most commonly online and in text messaging to represent the phrase “outfit of the day.” It is typically used by fashion bloggers to show their followers the clothes that they have chosen to wear for the day including accessories and makeup.
Origin of OOTD
Although there are no specific details regarding when this acronym was first used to represent the phrase above, it can be said that it has been used since at least 2010. It can also be said that it is used on all different social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Tumblr but there are no indications concerning what social media site or blog used the term first.
Like almost all acronyms, this form of slang can also represent many other phrases, official titles, and other things that are more specific in nature. Some other thing that this acronym is used to represent are “One of These Days,” a song by Pink Floyd, “Out of the Darkness,” “Order of the Dragon,” a guild on World of Warcraft, “Out of the Dust,” “Offer of the Day,” “Out of the Dryer,” and “Order of the Dragonrider,” a guild name on Ag of Conan.
A conversation between two friends via text message.
- Friend 1: (sends a selfie) This is my OOTD! What do you think?
- Friend 2: I like it! Is it new?
- Friend 1: Yeah! I just picked it up when I went shopping with my mom at the mall last night.
- Friend 2: It really looks good on you.
An online discussion between a blogger and one of their followers.
- Blogger: This is the third day that I have allowed my five-year-old to pick my OOTD and I think she did pretty good.
- Follower: Considering the last two outfits, I would have to say that today she at least picked things that matched pretty well.
- Blogger: LOL! Yes, compared to the clown shoes she had me wearing the other day, this is definitely a step up!
Synonyms of OOTD
There are several other phrases that you could use to replace this phrase in a conversation without changing the meaning behind the message you are trying to convey by using this phrase. Some other things you could say instead include:
- attire for the day
- clothing for the day
- accouterments for the day
OOTD Meaning Infographic